This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the social media storm of scathing criticism that took down what might be the worst flight safety video of all time, Air New Zealand appears to be seeking a new “head of safety videos.”
The cheeky ad was posted this morning on Air NZ’s Facebook.
The ad mostly details the “phenomenal success” of “It’s Kiwi Safety” hip hop themed video and asks interested parties to think up a new concept that will make the nation proud. Hopefully whoever is chosen can come up with something better than “it’s like twerking” when demonstrating the proper way to sit incase the plane begins to crash.
Air NZ is a repeat offender of the big budget but cringe-worthy flight safety videos. As referenced in the job post, the airline has managed to incorporate Hollywood classics, Hobbits — and not to mention, Betty White into its videos. In all honesty, we’re not 100% sure if this is genuine (it probably isn’t) or just a clever way to address the backlash from the “unbearable” video. But for whoever takes the reigns of the next Air NZ safety video, we wish you the best of luck.
Featured image by Air New Zealand.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards