This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Following the social media storm of scathing criticism that took down what might be the worst flight safety video of all time, Air New Zealand appears to be seeking a new “head of safety videos.”
The cheeky ad was posted this morning on Air NZ’s Facebook.
The ad mostly details the “phenomenal success” of “It’s Kiwi Safety” hip hop themed video and asks interested parties to think up a new concept that will make the nation proud. Hopefully whoever is chosen can come up with something better than “it’s like twerking” when demonstrating the proper way to sit incase the plane begins to crash.
Air NZ is a repeat offender of the big budget but cringe-worthy flight safety videos. As referenced in the job post, the airline has managed to incorporate Hollywood classics, Hobbits — and not to mention, Betty White into its videos. In all honesty, we’re not 100% sure if this is genuine (it probably isn’t) or just a clever way to address the backlash from the “unbearable” video. But for whoever takes the reigns of the next Air NZ safety video, we wish you the best of luck.
Featured image by Air New Zealand.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees