Air New Zealand’s Gifting an Allbird Accessory to Business-Class Passengers
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Six months ago, I was hardly familiar with Allbirds, maker of the unbeatably travel-friendly slip-on shoe. Today, I’m a true believer — I simply can’t live without my shoes. And I’m clearly in good company — Air New Zealand‘s also on board, with plans to give flyers the ‘bird, too.
Made from New Zealand merino wool, the new “Bird Mask” is an ANZ exclusive, available in business class on select long-haul flights.
“The Bird Mask will be available exclusively in Air New Zealand’s Business Premier cabin on selected North American routes throughout October, including the airline’s daily NZ1/NZ2 service between Los Angeles and London.”
Likely routes include Air New Zealand’s nonstops between Auckland (AKL) and Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), San Francisco (SFO) and Vancouver (YVR), in addition to the airline’s fifth-freedom route between LAX and London Heathrow (LHR), which I flew earlier this year. As of now, the masks will only be available in October, which means Chicago (ORD) flyers are out of luck.
As for the shoes, you’ll still need to buy those on your own. I highly recommend owning a pair, though. While they aren’t quite as durable as a non-wool alternative, you can’t beat them for comfort. In a pinch, you can even use them in the gym, as I tend to do whenever I choose to travel with just a backpack, leaving my rolling carry-on bag at home.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.