You Can Soon Fly Embraer’s New E190-E2 in a Remote Archipelago
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The E190-E2 is one of the newest aircraft on the planet at the moment. Embraer has been widely promoting the new aircraft, dubbed the “Profit Hunter,” and it’s been making news along the way —from its first public showing to its recent first delivery to Widerøe.
Embraer announced this week that it’s inked a deal with Air Kiribati. The deal is for two of the newest Embraer aircraft with an option to take delivery of two more.
Air Kiribati is the national airline of the Republic of Kiribati, located in the Central Pacific. The range of the new E190-E2 means that it can cover the entirety of the island chain. It also means it can take on the currently challenging route from the capital city of Tarawa to Kiritimati, otherwise known as Christmas Island. For those wanting to make the trip, it currently requires an international connection in Fiji.
With Air Kiribati scheduled to take delivery of its newly purchased planes in 2019, it’s safe to say that it will be among the first operators of the shiny new hardware in the world. If you were looking to log time in the air on one of the world’s newest aircraft and tick a remote Pacific island off your bucket list, this pairing might be right up your alley.
Inside the E2, you can expect to find no middle seats. Instead, the cabin is arranged in a 2-2 configuration. As compared to its E1 predecessors, the E2 features overhead bins that are 3 inches deeper, allowing more passengers to store their bags.
Featured image courtesy of Embraer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.