You Can Soon Fly Embraer’s New E190-E2 in a Remote Archipelago
The E190-E2 is one of the newest aircraft on the planet at the moment. Embraer has been widely promoting the new aircraft, dubbed the “Profit Hunter,” and it’s been making news along the way —from its first public showing to its recent first delivery to Widerøe.
Embraer announced this week that it’s inked a deal with Air Kiribati. The deal is for two of the newest Embraer aircraft with an option to take delivery of two more.
Air Kiribati is the national airline of the Republic of Kiribati, located in the Central Pacific. The range of the new E190-E2 means that it can cover the entirety of the island chain. It also means it can take on the currently challenging route from the capital city of Tarawa to Kiritimati, otherwise known as Christmas Island. For those wanting to make the trip, it currently requires an international connection in Fiji.
With Air Kiribati scheduled to take delivery of its newly purchased planes in 2019, it’s safe to say that it will be among the first operators of the shiny new hardware in the world. If you were looking to log time in the air on one of the world’s newest aircraft and tick a remote Pacific island off your bucket list, this pairing might be right up your alley.
Inside the E2, you can expect to find no middle seats. Instead, the cabin is arranged in a 2-2 configuration. As compared to its E1 predecessors, the E2 features overhead bins that are 3 inches deeper, allowing more passengers to store their bags.
Featured image courtesy of Embraer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees