Air India Flight Attendant Injured After Falling out of Parked 777 Aircraft
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Air India flight attendant was injured Monday morning after falling out the door of a parked Boeing 777 aircraft at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM).
The cabin crew was prepping the aircraft for boarding for its flight to New Delhi (DEL) when the flight attendant, Harsha Lobo, 52, fell onto the tarmac while the step ladder was being attached. Air India deemed the fall “unfortunate,” and said it is investigating the incident.
According to the BBC, Lobo received medical attention from first responders at the Mumbai airport and then was sent to the hospital for further treatment of her injuries.
The Hindu, a daily Indian newspaper, reported that Lobo was sent to the Nanavati Hospital early Monday morning. “She is conscious and well-oriented but has sustained compound [open] fracture of right lower leg bones and multiple blunt injuries,” an airport official told the newspaper.
Air India, the country’s national flag carrier, made headlines last week when one of its Boeing 737s hit a wall while taking off from Trichy Airport (TRZ) and had to make an emergency landing in Mumbai.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees