Air India Flight Attendant Injured After Falling out of Parked 777 Aircraft
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An Air India flight attendant was injured Monday morning after falling out the door of a parked Boeing 777 aircraft at Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (BOM).
The cabin crew was prepping the aircraft for boarding for its flight to New Delhi (DEL) when the flight attendant, Harsha Lobo, 52, fell onto the tarmac while the step ladder was being attached. Air India deemed the fall “unfortunate,” and said it is investigating the incident.
According to the BBC, Lobo received medical attention from first responders at the Mumbai airport and then was sent to the hospital for further treatment of her injuries.
The Hindu, a daily Indian newspaper, reported that Lobo was sent to the Nanavati Hospital early Monday morning. “She is conscious and well-oriented but has sustained compound [open] fracture of right lower leg bones and multiple blunt injuries,” an airport official told the newspaper.
Air India, the country’s national flag carrier, made headlines last week when one of its Boeing 737s hit a wall while taking off from Trichy Airport (TRZ) and had to make an emergency landing in Mumbai.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.