Air France to Operate Airbus A330s With New Cabins to Delhi and Bengaluru
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This story first appeared on our content partner Live from a Lounge, an aviation-focused blog based in India. The story appears on our site at it appeared on Live from a Lounge. Here is a link to the original post: Air France to operate A330s with new cabins to Bengaluru and Delhi
Air France started refurbishing the 15 Airbus A330-200s in its fleet earlier this year. The first refurbished Airbuses started flying in February 2019, and the refurbishment of all the A330-200 aircraft is expected to be completed by 2020. Air France currently deploys the A330-200 on Delhi-Paris and Bengaluru-Paris routes while it operates the A340-300 on Mumbai-Paris route.
Now that Air France has phased out the Joon brand, mainline A340-300 service returned on Mumbai-Paris route from June 27.
From June 18, Air France deployed the refurbished A330-200 on Bengaluru-Paris route. Air France also has deployed the planes with new cabins on Delhi-Paris route from June 28, but with limited frequencies as of now. Air France will gradually increase the frequency of refurbished A330-200 flights to daily.
You will know if you are traveling on an A330-200 with a new cabin if the seat map shows 6 rows of Business class seats as opposed to 7 rows on the old configuration.
Earlier the A330-200 had 40 business class seats, 21 premium economy seats and 147 economy class seats. The business class seats were angled flat and not lie-flat.
With the reconfiguration, the A330-200 will now have 36 business class seats, 21 premium economy seats and 167 economy class seats. The business class seats are now lie-flat seats and are in a 2-2-2 configuration. It will have an 18.5″ HD touchscreen.
The premium economy seats are in a 2-3-2 configuration and have a 130 degrees seat recline. They have a seat pitch of 40 inches and a seat width of 19 inches. Premium economy seats feature a 13.3″ HD touchscreen and have a personal power outlet in addition to two USB ports.
Economy class seats feature 118 degrees recline, 31 inches of seat pitch, and an 11.6″ HD touchscreen. The seats are also equipped with a personal power outlet and a USB plug. Air France refurbished A330-200 also feature WiFi.
Air France allows passengers to send and receive messages free of charge on their smartphones or tablets using WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, iMessage, WeChat and other messaging services. Apart from this, Air France also offers a surf pass for 18 euros ($20 USD) on long haul flights for those who wish to check emails and browse the internet. There is also a stream pass for 30 euros ($34 USD) for a high-speed internet meant for streaming and downloading content.
In the winter 2019 season, Air France will switch to a 777-200ER on all three routes: Bengaluru-Paris, Delhi-Paris and Mumbai-Paris. For a limited period from Dec. 16 to Dec. 31 and Jan. 6 to Feb. 9, Air France will upgrade the 777-200ER to a 777-300ER on Bengaluru-Paris route.
Will you be traveling on Air France A330 with new cabins?
Featured photo of an Air France Airbus A330-200 Courtesy of Air France
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.