Air France Premium Economy Awards to Paris 50% Off
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express,
Every month, Air France and KLM’s Flying Blue award program releases a set of discounted award flights. In the past, we’ve seen deals as good as 50% off business class and economy class flights to Europe.
This month, the airline is offering a sale on premium economy seats between Paris-Orly (ORY) and New York (JFK). Awards cost 22,750 miles one-way or 45,500 miles round-trip. This sale equates to 50% off the awards, which normally go for 45,500 miles each way, or 91,000 miles round-trip! Note that the taxes and fees are quite high on the tickets, about $350 on a round-trip award.
To take advantage of the promotion, you’ll have to book the ticket by September 29 for travel between October 31 and December 30, 2018. Keep in mind that routes must specifically be between New York’s Kennedy airport (JFK) and Paris-Orly (ORY), the capital city’s smaller international airport.
Flying Blue recently moved to a confusing and dynamic award pricing system, but when searching during the eligible dates, award tickets appeared to be widely available at the advertised prices.
I flew Air France’s 777-300ER in premium economy earlier this year, and while I wasn’t a huge fan of the seat itself, its IFE and other amenities were solid. And at a heavily discounted price it makes more sense to fly the product, which features more leg room and a wider seat than regular coach class.
And for anyone close enough to fly out of Toronto, Flying Blue is also offering 50% off premium economy itineraries anywhere in Europe.
How To Book
Don’t worry if you don’t have any miles in your Flying Blue account. The mileage program is transfer partners with all of the major credit card points programs, including Chase Ultimate Rewards (instant transfer), Citi ThankYou Points (instant transfer), American Express Membership Rewards (instant transfer) and SPG/Marriott (4-day transfer). If you don’t have an account you can sign up for one here.
Here’s a sampling of credit cards you can use to earn points in these programs:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express for Membership Rewards
- Chase Sapphire Reserve for Ultimate Rewards
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for Ultimate Rewards
- Citi Premier Card for ThankYou Points
- Starwood Preferred Guest® Credit Card from American Express for Marriott Points
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee