Brand-new Air Canada Signature Suite opens Saturday in Vancouver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada offers one of the best business-class lounges in North America at its hub in Toronto. That location opened in 2017, and now the carrier is ready to open its second location in Vancouver (YVR).
The Signature Suite in Vancouver is opening on Saturday, March 14 in YVR’s international terminal. This will be a welcome addition for passengers flying Air Canada’s well-regarded business-class product. The lounge will be located one level above the Maple Leaf Lounge by gate 52 in Pier D.
Like the location in Toronto, this premium lounge will focus mainly on serving restaurant-quality food. The cuisine will be inspired by Vancouver-based chef David Hawksworth, and it’ll also feature a top-notch drink selection at the bar. You can expect a combination of a la carte dining, as well as a small buffet.
At 4,400 square feet and a capacity for 105 passengers, the lounge is noticeably smaller than the Toronto location. However, the strict access requirements — only paying biz customers flying to intercontinental destinations can enter — should help alleviate the overcrowding we’ve seen in other airport lounges.
Due to the small size, this space will be exclusively focused on dining. There won’t be any seating for those looking to simply relax before their flight. There will be a private dining area with room for six, as well as restrooms featuring Molton Brown amenities.
The lounge has sweeping views of the apron, so there should be plenty of natural light flooding the space during the daylight hours.
I recently visited the Signature Suite in Toronto, and had a wonderful stay there before my above-average biz flight to Frankfurt. I loved the design of the lounge, thought the food was delicious and appreciated the attentive service from both servers and bartenders.
If the Vancouver location is anything like the one in Toronto, select Air Canada business-class passengers are in for a (pre-flight) treat.
Photos courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.