Brand-new Air Canada Signature Suite opens Saturday in Vancouver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada offers one of the best business-class lounges in North America at its hub in Toronto. That location opened in 2017, and now the carrier is ready to open its second location in Vancouver (YVR).
The Signature Suite in Vancouver is opening on Saturday, March 14 in YVR’s international terminal. This will be a welcome addition for passengers flying Air Canada’s well-regarded business-class product. The lounge will be located one level above the Maple Leaf Lounge by gate 52 in Pier D.
Like the location in Toronto, this premium lounge will focus mainly on serving restaurant-quality food. The cuisine will be inspired by Vancouver-based chef David Hawksworth, and it’ll also feature a top-notch drink selection at the bar. You can expect a combination of a la carte dining, as well as a small buffet.
At 4,400 square feet and a capacity for 105 passengers, the lounge is noticeably smaller than the Toronto location. However, the strict access requirements — only paying biz customers flying to intercontinental destinations can enter — should help alleviate the overcrowding we’ve seen in other airport lounges.
Due to the small size, this space will be exclusively focused on dining. There won’t be any seating for those looking to simply relax before their flight. There will be a private dining area with room for six, as well as restrooms featuring Molton Brown amenities.
The lounge has sweeping views of the apron, so there should be plenty of natural light flooding the space during the daylight hours.
I recently visited the Signature Suite in Toronto, and had a wonderful stay there before my above-average biz flight to Frankfurt. I loved the design of the lounge, thought the food was delicious and appreciated the attentive service from both servers and bartenders.
If the Vancouver location is anything like the one in Toronto, select Air Canada business-class passengers are in for a (pre-flight) treat.
Photos courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees