Air Canada Sent a Princess to a Girl Who Lost Her Tooth Mid-Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, on board Air Canada Flight AC 316 with service from Calgary (YYC) to Montreal (YUL), 6-year-old Elliana lost her tooth. And if that wasn’t exciting enough for her, she was greeted by a Princess Belle upon landing in Montreal with greetings from the one and only Tooth Fairy.
Ellie lost her tooth before take off at Calgary, and her dad Conor Tapp (@conortapp) tweeted about the milestone before takeoff. That’s when Air Canada sneakily arranged for the Tooth Fairy’s good friend Princess Belle to meet up with her before their connection to Charlottetown (PEI).
While passengers were deplaning upon arrival, crew asked the Tapp family to go to Gate 51 for a special guest. No one knew who it could be. Even the flight attendant was unaware, so she followed close behind, hoping to catch a glimpse. After a couple of minutes, Princess Belle appeared and spent about 20 minutes with Ellie.
According to Belle, the Tooth Fairy was also traveling and couldn’t make it in time to visit Ellie, but sent her greetings through Belle. In their time together, Belle gave Ellie an Air Canada pin and a small gift, they practiced curtsies and Belle reminded Ellie to put her tooth under her pillow.
“Ellie was thrilled to have this experience, and was initially quite shocked,” Ellie’s father Conor told The Points Guy. “She has been happy to share her story with all of her family in PEI and likes that her story is making so many people smile today. It is certainly something that none of us will ever forget.”
He tweeted again to thank Air Canada for the thoughtful gesture, saying, “I have flown hundreds of times in the last 20 years, and I have NEVER experienced what @AirCanada did today.”
Air Canada is only contributing to the fairy tale by maintaining the innocent fantasy. In a statement about the special appearance, Air Canada said:
“We can confirm that there was a tooth fairy sighting around Montreal! Princess Belle brought greetings on her behalf at Montreal Trudeau International Airport after our young customer’s father had let us know she had just lost a tooth before her flight from Calgary departed. As parents ourselves, it was a great opportunity to celebrate this event with our young customer, and we arranged to have Princess Belle meet her as she was connecting in Montreal en route to PEI. We’re delighted she was thrilled!”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.