Air Canada Sent a Princess to a Girl Who Lost Her Tooth Mid-Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, on board Air Canada Flight AC 316 with service from Calgary (YYC) to Montreal (YUL), 6-year-old Elliana lost her tooth. And if that wasn’t exciting enough for her, she was greeted by a Princess Belle upon landing in Montreal with greetings from the one and only Tooth Fairy.
Ellie lost her tooth before take off at Calgary, and her dad Conor Tapp (@conortapp) tweeted about the milestone before takeoff. That’s when Air Canada sneakily arranged for the Tooth Fairy’s good friend Princess Belle to meet up with her before their connection to Charlottetown (PEI).
While passengers were deplaning upon arrival, crew asked the Tapp family to go to Gate 51 for a special guest. No one knew who it could be. Even the flight attendant was unaware, so she followed close behind, hoping to catch a glimpse. After a couple of minutes, Princess Belle appeared and spent about 20 minutes with Ellie.
According to Belle, the Tooth Fairy was also traveling and couldn’t make it in time to visit Ellie, but sent her greetings through Belle. In their time together, Belle gave Ellie an Air Canada pin and a small gift, they practiced curtsies and Belle reminded Ellie to put her tooth under her pillow.
“Ellie was thrilled to have this experience, and was initially quite shocked,” Ellie’s father Conor told The Points Guy. “She has been happy to share her story with all of her family in PEI and likes that her story is making so many people smile today. It is certainly something that none of us will ever forget.”
He tweeted again to thank Air Canada for the thoughtful gesture, saying, “I have flown hundreds of times in the last 20 years, and I have NEVER experienced what @AirCanada did today.”
Air Canada is only contributing to the fairy tale by maintaining the innocent fantasy. In a statement about the special appearance, Air Canada said:
“We can confirm that there was a tooth fairy sighting around Montreal! Princess Belle brought greetings on her behalf at Montreal Trudeau International Airport after our young customer’s father had let us know she had just lost a tooth before her flight from Calgary departed. As parents ourselves, it was a great opportunity to celebrate this event with our young customer, and we arranged to have Princess Belle meet her as she was connecting in Montreal en route to PEI. We’re delighted she was thrilled!”
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees