This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Yesterday, on board Air Canada Flight AC 316 with service from Calgary (YYC) to Montreal (YUL), 6-year-old Elliana lost her tooth. And if that wasn’t exciting enough for her, she was greeted by a Princess Belle upon landing in Montreal with greetings from the one and only Tooth Fairy.
Ellie lost her tooth before take off at Calgary, and her dad Conor Tapp (@conortapp) tweeted about the milestone before takeoff. That’s when Air Canada sneakily arranged for the Tooth Fairy’s good friend Princess Belle to meet up with her before their connection to Charlottetown (PEI).
While passengers were deplaning upon arrival, crew asked the Tapp family to go to Gate 51 for a special guest. No one knew who it could be. Even the flight attendant was unaware, so she followed close behind, hoping to catch a glimpse. After a couple of minutes, Princess Belle appeared and spent about 20 minutes with Ellie.
According to Belle, the Tooth Fairy was also traveling and couldn’t make it in time to visit Ellie, but sent her greetings through Belle. In their time together, Belle gave Ellie an Air Canada pin and a small gift, they practiced curtsies and Belle reminded Ellie to put her tooth under her pillow.
“Ellie was thrilled to have this experience, and was initially quite shocked,” Ellie’s father Conor told The Points Guy. “She has been happy to share her story with all of her family in PEI and likes that her story is making so many people smile today. It is certainly something that none of us will ever forget.”
He tweeted again to thank Air Canada for the thoughtful gesture, saying, “I have flown hundreds of times in the last 20 years, and I have NEVER experienced what @AirCanada did today.”
Air Canada is only contributing to the fairy tale by maintaining the innocent fantasy. In a statement about the special appearance, Air Canada said:
“We can confirm that there was a tooth fairy sighting around Montreal! Princess Belle brought greetings on her behalf at Montreal Trudeau International Airport after our young customer’s father had let us know she had just lost a tooth before her flight from Calgary departed. As parents ourselves, it was a great opportunity to celebrate this event with our young customer, and we arranged to have Princess Belle meet her as she was connecting in Montreal en route to PEI. We’re delighted she was thrilled!”
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees