Earn up to 250% bonus miles with Air Canada’s new promotion (targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: While the terms and conditions imply all Aeroplan members are eligible for this promotion, it appears to be targeted, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We’ve updated our post below to clarify this.
Air Canada has just launched its newest promotion for members, offering up to 250% bonus miles for round-trip bookings within Canada or between Canada and the US. This is an excellent offer for those with upcoming travel, though unfortunately it only applies if you’re targeted. It’s valid for bookings made after Sept. 4, 2019, so if you’ve been eyeing a trip and you’re eligible for the promo, now’s the time to book it.
- See if you’re targeted by registering here
- Book from Sept. 4 to Oct. 2, 2019
- Travel from Sept. 4 to Dec. 13, 2019
- Valid only on new bookings
- Must be round-trip (or two one-way segments)
- For flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge
The amount you’ll accrue varies according to your fare class:
- 50% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Standard
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Flex and comfort
- 150% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Latitude
- 200% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Economy lowest and Premium Economy flexible
- 250% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible
For reference, here’s what each booking class includes:
This is an easy way to seriously stack up your Aeroplan balance. Aeroplan is also an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner, so if you need to top off your account you can transfer points from cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express® Gold Card.
Although Aeroplan has made some unfortunate changes that have just come into effect as of September 1, there are still ways to maximize your award ticket bookings with Air Canada’s open jaw/stopover policy. With the bonus, a business-class ticket from Toronto (YYZ) to Los Angeles (LAX) and back would earn you 10,875 miles, while a premium economy class ticket would snag you 8,700 miles. If you’re interested in this offer, make sure to register and book before Oct. 2, 2019.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.