Earn up to 250% bonus miles with Air Canada's new promotion (targeted)
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Update: While the terms and conditions imply all Aeroplan members are eligible for this promotion, it appears to be targeted, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We've updated our post below to clarify this.
Air Canada has just launched its newest promotion for members, offering up to 250% bonus miles for round-trip bookings within Canada or between Canada and the US. This is an excellent offer for those with upcoming travel, though unfortunately it only applies if you're targeted. It's valid for bookings made after Sept. 4, 2019, so if you've been eyeing a trip and you're eligible for the promo, now's the time to book it.
- See if you're targeted by registering here
- Book from Sept. 4 to Oct. 2, 2019
- Travel from Sept. 4 to Dec. 13, 2019
- Valid only on new bookings
- Must be round-trip (or two one-way segments)
- For flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge
The amount you'll accrue varies according to your fare class:
- 50% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Standard
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Flex and comfort
- 150% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Latitude
- 200% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Economy lowest and Premium Economy flexible
- 250% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible
For reference, here's what each booking class includes:
This is an easy way to seriously stack up your Aeroplan balance. Aeroplan is also an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner, so if you need to top off your account you can transfer points from cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express® Gold Card.
Although Aeroplan has made some unfortunate changes that have just come into effect as of September 1, there are still ways to maximize your award ticket bookings with Air Canada's open jaw/stopover policy. With the bonus, a business-class ticket from Toronto (YYZ) to Los Angeles (LAX) and back would earn you 10,875 miles, while a premium economy class ticket would snag you 8,700 miles. If you're interested in this offer, make sure to register and book before Oct. 2, 2019.