Earn up to 250% bonus miles with Air Canada’s new promotion (targeted)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: While the terms and conditions imply all Aeroplan members are eligible for this promotion, it appears to be targeted, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We’ve updated our post below to clarify this.
Air Canada has just launched its newest promotion for members, offering up to 250% bonus miles for round-trip bookings within Canada or between Canada and the US. This is an excellent offer for those with upcoming travel, though unfortunately it only applies if you’re targeted. It’s valid for bookings made after Sept. 4, 2019, so if you’ve been eyeing a trip and you’re eligible for the promo, now’s the time to book it.
- See if you’re targeted by registering here
- Book from Sept. 4 to Oct. 2, 2019
- Travel from Sept. 4 to Dec. 13, 2019
- Valid only on new bookings
- Must be round-trip (or two one-way segments)
- For flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge
The amount you’ll accrue varies according to your fare class:
- 50% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Standard
- 100% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Flex and comfort
- 150% Bonus Aeroplan Miles – Economy Latitude
- 200% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Economy lowest and Premium Economy flexible
- 250% Bonus Aeroplan Miles –Premium Rouge, Business Class lowest and Business Class flexible
For reference, here’s what each booking class includes:
This is an easy way to seriously stack up your Aeroplan balance. Aeroplan is also an American Express Membership Rewards transfer partner, so if you need to top off your account you can transfer points from cards like The Platinum Card® from American Express and American Express® Gold Card.
Although Aeroplan has made some unfortunate changes that have just come into effect as of September 1, there are still ways to maximize your award ticket bookings with Air Canada’s open jaw/stopover policy. With the bonus, a business-class ticket from Toronto (YYZ) to Los Angeles (LAX) and back would earn you 10,875 miles, while a premium economy class ticket would snag you 8,700 miles. If you’re interested in this offer, make sure to register and book before Oct. 2, 2019.
Featured photo courtesy of Air Canada
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees