Air Canada to Acquire 4 Former Singapore Airlines A330s
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada is adding four semi-new aircraft to its fleet. In 2019, the carrier will acquire four Airbus A330s from TAP Air Portugal. The planes were originally acquired by TAP from Singapore Airlines in 2017, however, since TAP is expected to take delivery of the newer A330-900neo, it’s sending the A330s to Air Canada.
When Air Canada gets the A330s in the second quarter of 2019, they’ll feature the airline’s updated livery, but inside, you can expect to find Singapore Airlines’ seats. And, unfortunately, the seats are far different than what you might expect with Singapore — they’re definitely no Singapore Suites. In fact, the business-class cabin on the A330s feature angle-flat seats. By the end of 2019, the A330s are expected to get an updated interior — reverse herringbone lie-flat seats.
However, there is good news — even if you find yourself flying an A330 business-class product with angle-flat seats. As One Mile at a Time reports, until the A330s are retrofitted, they’ll be marketed by Air Canada as premium economy.
The purchase of the four A330s means Air Canada can continue with its plans to eventually retire aged 767s from service. In 2019, Air Canada will begin to retire the six 767s still left in its fleet, and the newly acquired A330s will act to replace them.
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees