This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada is adding four semi-new aircraft to its fleet. In 2019, the carrier will acquire four Airbus A330s from TAP Air Portugal. The planes were originally acquired by TAP from Singapore Airlines in 2017, however, since TAP is expected to take delivery of the newer A330-900neo, it’s sending the A330s to Air Canada.
When Air Canada gets the A330s in the second quarter of 2019, they’ll feature the airline’s updated livery, but inside, you can expect to find Singapore Airlines’ seats. And, unfortunately, the seats are far different than what you might expect with Singapore — they’re definitely no Singapore Suites. In fact, the business-class cabin on the A330s feature angle-flat seats. By the end of 2019, the A330s are expected to get an updated interior — reverse herringbone lie-flat seats.
However, there is good news — even if you find yourself flying an A330 business-class product with angle-flat seats. As One Mile at a Time reports, until the A330s are retrofitted, they’ll be marketed by Air Canada as premium economy.
The purchase of the four A330s means Air Canada can continue with its plans to eventually retire aged 767s from service. In 2019, Air Canada will begin to retire the six 767s still left in its fleet, and the newly acquired A330s will act to replace them.
Featured image courtesy of Wikimedia Commons.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees