Nonstop Dreamliner Service Between the East Coast and Hawaii Is Coming
You now have a winter 2019-2020 escape plan, courtesy of Air Canada. The airline announced this week that it will operate seasonal service between Toronto (YYZ) and Honolulu (HNL) next winter with a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
There are other options to the Aloha State from east coast of North America, but flying nearly 4,700 miles aboard a Dreamliner will be alluring to AvGeeks.
Those who opt to travel via Toronto will have the opportunity to spend a significant chunk of time in Air Canada’s Signature cabin, featuring fully lie-flat suites and meals prepared by Canadian chef David Hawksworth. Timing for the flight is below.
|Flight||Departs||Arrives||Days of Week|
|AC589||4:20pm from Toronto||9:30pm in Honolulu||Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday|
|AC590||11:05pm from Honolulu||12:30pm (+1) in Toronto||Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday|
Dreamliner service will be available on the Toronto-Honolulu route beginning Dec. 14, 2019 and will operate three return-trips weekly until April 26, 2020. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner offers three cabins of service: Air Canada Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy. Customers can also collect and redeem Aeroplan Miles, and eligible customers have access to priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounges and priority boarding. Tickets are on sale now.
In addition to announcing the introduction of Dreamliner service on its Toronto-Honolulu route, Air Canada also announced three new seasonal services. These include: Toronto-Quito; Vancouver-Auckland; and Montréal-São Paulo.
Featured image courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.