Nonstop Dreamliner Service Between the East Coast and Hawaii Is Coming
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
You now have a winter 2019-2020 escape plan, courtesy of Air Canada. The airline announced this week that it will operate seasonal service between Toronto (YYZ) and Honolulu (HNL) next winter with a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner.
There are other options to the Aloha State from east coast of North America, but flying nearly 4,700 miles aboard a Dreamliner will be alluring to AvGeeks.
Those who opt to travel via Toronto will have the opportunity to spend a significant chunk of time in Air Canada’s Signature cabin, featuring fully lie-flat suites and meals prepared by Canadian chef David Hawksworth. Timing for the flight is below.
|Flight||Departs||Arrives||Days of Week|
|AC589||4:20pm from Toronto||9:30pm in Honolulu||Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday|
|AC590||11:05pm from Honolulu||12:30pm (+1) in Toronto||Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday|
Dreamliner service will be available on the Toronto-Honolulu route beginning Dec. 14, 2019 and will operate three return-trips weekly until April 26, 2020. The Boeing 787 Dreamliner offers three cabins of service: Air Canada Signature Class, Premium Economy and Economy. Customers can also collect and redeem Aeroplan Miles, and eligible customers have access to priority check-in, Maple Leaf Lounges and priority boarding. Tickets are on sale now.
In addition to announcing the introduction of Dreamliner service on its Toronto-Honolulu route, Air Canada also announced three new seasonal services. These include: Toronto-Quito; Vancouver-Auckland; and Montréal-São Paulo.
Featured image courtesy of Air Canada.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees