Air Canada’s Aeroplan adds its 37th partner to further expand its global reach
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air Canada’s Aeroplan isn’t taking any time off during the pandemic.
The carrier has been working hard to stay relevant while many flyers are grounded. Aeroplan has introduced lucrative promotions, added new partnerships and even unveiled the new loyalty program slated to launch on Nov. 8.
Today, Aeroplan’s back with another customer-friendly update that expands its global reach. Effective immediately, Vistara joins Aeroplan’s growing list of airline partners.
Vistara was founded in 2013 and is one of India’s full-service airlines. Based in New Delhi, the carrier serves 24 regional destinations on over 200 daily flights. Many of its routes are within India, but the carrier does operate to a few international cities: Bangkok, Colombo, Dubai, Kathmandu and Singapore. London flights are supposedly launching soon.
Vistara has a fleet of narrowbody Airbus and Boeing aircraft, as well as a pair of brand-new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliners outfitted with biz, premium economy and coach.
Aeroplan members can now earn and redeem miles with Vistara. You can combine any of Aeroplan’s partners with a Vistara redemption, and flights will be priced according to the partner award chart — which will be sticking around when the new program launches. In addition, there are no carrier-imposed surcharges for flying with Vistara (Aeroplan’s eliminating all surcharges program-wide come Nov. 8.)
This is great news for Star Alliance flyers who want to avoid the oft-dreaded Air India experience. Air India is the largest international carrier from India, so most Aeroplan itineraries involving travel there have previously included an Air India flight.
You’ll be able to fly in biz from North America to London on United and then connect onto the Vistara flight to New Dehli when it launches — all for the same 75,000 miles one-way as flying nonstop with Air India
Additionally, you could also fly with United to Mumbai or New Dehli (once flights resume) and connect onto Vistara flights once you’re in India. Come Nov. 8, you’ll even be able to add a stopover for just 5,000 additional miles— allowing you to see two cities in one trip. You could even include flights with Air India and Vistara on one ticket just to see the different service cultures at the two airlines.
Within the Indian Subcontinent, flights are pricing at 15,000 miles one-way in coach and 30,000 miles one-way in biz. You can instantly transfer Amex Membership Rewards and Capital One Miles to Aeroplan.
You’ll earn miles on Vistara flights according to the chart below. If you end up on a one-off paid ticket, crediting your miles to Aeroplan isn’t a bad idea. Just note that some of the lowest fare classes won’t earn any mileage.
Vistara was created as a joint venture between Tata Sons and Singapore Airlines. The carrier has become a local favorite and is a shining spot amidst India’s plethora of low-cost and national carriers.
Vistara hasn’t been shy to partner up with major global airlines. Earlier this year, the carrier partnered with United Airlines. You can also redeem Singapore KrisFlyer miles for flights with Vistara too.
And now, you have another method of booking Vistara flights — through Air Canada’s innovative Aeroplan program.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees