Chase is getting a new transfer partner and credit card in 2021 — here’s what we know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In early November, Air Canada relaunched the first phase of its completely revamped Aeroplan loyalty program. From the elimination of fuel surcharges to incredibly generous stopover rules, there are plenty of updates to be excited about.
Air Canada also unveiled information about its lineup of Canadian-issued credit cards while hinting at the prospect of a card for U.S. residents. Well, now we know a little bit more about what is in store.
Chase will be the exclusive issuer for a new Air Canada U.S. cobranded card with Aeroplan set to become a transfer partner in the Chase Ultimate Rewards program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
A new card from Chase
Slated for a launch in late 2021, Air Canada and Chase will team up for a cobranded credit card available to U.S. residents. Mastercard will be the payment network for this specific product.
“The strength of the newly transformed Aeroplan program combined with this partnership will drive significant growth and engagement — focusing on the over 2 million U.S. residents with strong ties on both sides of the border,” said Mark Nasr, Vice President of Loyalty and eCommerce at Air Canada in a written statement.
This isn’t the first time an Air Canada credit card will be available in the U.S., but it was offered by TD Bank previously.
Air Canada will become a Chase transfer partner
Aeroplan already partners with several transferable points programs, letting you instantly top up your account when you’re ready to book an award. You can transfer points to Aeroplan at the following ratios:
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1:1
- Capital One miles: 2:1.5
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3:1 (with a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points transferred)
Air Canada will also team up with Chase, with the ability to transfer Ultimate Rewards points to the Aeroplan program starting in late 2021.
An Air Canada spokesperson told TPG that “Air Canada and AMEX enjoy a long-term relationship and there are no changes to any other programs at this time.”
In the coming months, we’ll know even more about the Chase Aeroplan card and the new Ultimate Rewards transfer opportunity.
Related: Best Chase cards of 2020
Featured photo by Joel Serre/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.