Chase is getting a new transfer partner and credit card in 2021 — here’s what we know
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In early November, Air Canada relaunched the first phase of its completely revamped Aeroplan loyalty program. From the elimination of fuel surcharges to incredibly generous stopover rules, there are plenty of updates to be excited about.
Air Canada also unveiled information about its lineup of Canadian-issued credit cards while hinting at the prospect of a card for U.S. residents. Well, now we know a little bit more about what is in store.
Chase will be the exclusive issuer for a new Air Canada U.S. cobranded card with Aeroplan set to become a transfer partner in the Chase Ultimate Rewards program.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
A new card from Chase
Slated for a launch in late 2021, Air Canada and Chase will team up for a cobranded credit card available to U.S. residents. Mastercard will be the payment network for this specific product.
“The strength of the newly transformed Aeroplan program combined with this partnership will drive significant growth and engagement — focusing on the over 2 million U.S. residents with strong ties on both sides of the border,” said Mark Nasr, Vice President of Loyalty and eCommerce at Air Canada in a written statement.
This isn’t the first time an Air Canada credit card will be available in the U.S., but it was offered by TD Bank previously.
Air Canada will become a Chase transfer partner
Aeroplan already partners with several transferable points programs, letting you instantly top up your account when you’re ready to book an award. You can transfer points to Aeroplan at the following ratios:
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1:1
- Capital One miles: 2:1.5
- Marriott Bonvoy: 3:1 (with a 5,000-mile bonus for every 60,000 points transferred)
Air Canada will also team up with Chase, with the ability to transfer Ultimate Rewards points to the Aeroplan program starting in late 2021.
An Air Canada spokesperson told TPG that “Air Canada and AMEX enjoy a long-term relationship and there are no changes to any other programs at this time.”
In the coming months, we’ll know even more about the Chase Aeroplan card and the new Ultimate Rewards transfer opportunity.
Related: Best Chase cards of 2020
Featured photo by Joel Serre/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees