Agitated Sea Lion Charges Taunting Tourist in New Zealand
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If there’s one thing tourists do well, it’s behave badly. From peeing on Yellowstone National Park’s famous Old Faithful geyser to taunting the park’s animals, or forcing Venice officials to create bans left and right, tourists tend to garner a bad rep.
Over in New Zealand, a tourist decided to get a little too close for comfort with a sea lion. A female tourist at Sandfly Bay in Dunedin approached the protected sea lion and began dancing around the animal. Dunedin Wildlife expert Glynis Corson captured the encounter on video and uploaded it to YouTube saying: “Tourist coming to NZ need to respect its wildlife and have a sound mind when walking around the beaches. This is an example of a complete lack of education when it comes to Sea Lions. This person was within 1.5 Meters and really very lucky they did not get hurt.”
The video shows the agitated sea lion begin to charge at the woman, but she runs away before the animal could attack.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.