3.5 Million Aeroplan Miles Could Be Yours — Just Do This
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: While the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We’ve updated our post below to clarify this restriction.
With so many competitors, airlines are constantly running random deals and giveaways — like when Frontier gave those with the last name Green(e) free flights — in an effort to stay relevant to travelers. In this case, Aeroplan is celebrating their 35th birthday by giving away over 35 million miles to one lucky Canadian resident.
Sadly, one person won’t be the recipient of all 35 million, but instead it will be split into 10 grand prize winners of 3.5 million miles each. An additional 35 people will be chosen to receive 100,000 miles if their social post is chosen. It’s a pretty good deal no matter how you split it.
So how do you become one of the lucky recipients of this miles giveaway? It’s pretty simple; all you have to do is register your account number and then post on social media about a trip you’ve taken or want to take using the hashtag #withAeroplan. You can also get bonus entries every time you earn or redeem miles and an additional 35 bonus entries if you use an Aeroplan co-branded credit card during the contest period of Aug. 22- Sept. 25, 2019. Note that while the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only.
You may be wondering if this contest is really worth entering if you don’t fly Air Canada often, and the short answer is 100%. While Aeroplan is the Canadian airline’s loyalty program, it’s a part of the Star Alliance which includes partners like United, Lufthansa, ANA and more. This makes Aeroplan miles all the more valuable as you can occasionally book award flights for fewer miles than in other programs.
Great redemptions include 55,000 miles for a one-way flight from the US to Europe in United Polaris or 75,000 miles for business class to Africa on a Star Alliance carrier like South African or Lufthansa.
Featured photo by Ethan Steinberg/TPG
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees