3.5 Million Aeroplan Miles Could Be Yours — Just Do This
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: While the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We’ve updated our post below to clarify this restriction.
With so many competitors, airlines are constantly running random deals and giveaways — like when Frontier gave those with the last name Green(e) free flights — in an effort to stay relevant to travelers. In this case, Aeroplan is celebrating their 35th birthday by giving away over 35 million miles to one lucky Canadian resident.
Sadly, one person won’t be the recipient of all 35 million, but instead it will be split into 10 grand prize winners of 3.5 million miles each. An additional 35 people will be chosen to receive 100,000 miles if their social post is chosen. It’s a pretty good deal no matter how you split it.
So how do you become one of the lucky recipients of this miles giveaway? It’s pretty simple; all you have to do is register your account number and then post on social media about a trip you’ve taken or want to take using the hashtag #withAeroplan. You can also get bonus entries every time you earn or redeem miles and an additional 35 bonus entries if you use an Aeroplan co-branded credit card during the contest period of Aug. 22- Sept. 25, 2019. Note that while the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only.
You may be wondering if this contest is really worth entering if you don’t fly Air Canada often, and the short answer is 100%. While Aeroplan is the Canadian airline’s loyalty program, it’s a part of the Star Alliance which includes partners like United, Lufthansa, ANA and more. This makes Aeroplan miles all the more valuable as you can occasionally book award flights for fewer miles than in other programs.
Great redemptions include 55,000 miles for a one-way flight from the US to Europe in United Polaris or 75,000 miles for business class to Africa on a Star Alliance carrier like South African or Lufthansa.
Featured photo by Ethan Steinberg/TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees