3.5 Million Aeroplan Miles Could Be Yours — Just Do This
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: While the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only, which wasn’t originally noted in our story. We’ve updated our post below to clarify this restriction.
With so many competitors, airlines are constantly running random deals and giveaways — like when Frontier gave those with the last name Green(e) free flights — in an effort to stay relevant to travelers. In this case, Aeroplan is celebrating their 35th birthday by giving away over 35 million miles to one lucky Canadian resident.
Sadly, one person won’t be the recipient of all 35 million, but instead it will be split into 10 grand prize winners of 3.5 million miles each. An additional 35 people will be chosen to receive 100,000 miles if their social post is chosen. It’s a pretty good deal no matter how you split it.
So how do you become one of the lucky recipients of this miles giveaway? It’s pretty simple; all you have to do is register your account number and then post on social media about a trip you’ve taken or want to take using the hashtag #withAeroplan. You can also get bonus entries every time you earn or redeem miles and an additional 35 bonus entries if you use an Aeroplan co-branded credit card during the contest period of Aug. 22- Sept. 25, 2019. Note that while the registration form for this sweepstakes accepts non-Canadian Aeroplan numbers, the terms and conditions do state that the sweepstakes is for Canadian residents only.
You may be wondering if this contest is really worth entering if you don’t fly Air Canada often, and the short answer is 100%. While Aeroplan is the Canadian airline’s loyalty program, it’s a part of the Star Alliance which includes partners like United, Lufthansa, ANA and more. This makes Aeroplan miles all the more valuable as you can occasionally book award flights for fewer miles than in other programs.
Great redemptions include 55,000 miles for a one-way flight from the US to Europe in United Polaris or 75,000 miles for business class to Africa on a Star Alliance carrier like South African or Lufthansa.
Featured photo by Ethan Steinberg/TPG
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.