Aeroflot delays launch of A350 to London Heathrow until October
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Aeroflot has delayed the first flight of its new A350 on the route from Moscow (SVO) to London (LHR). While the airline was originally set to operate the A350 to LHR as of June 1, RoutesOnline reports that the airline has delayed that launch until October.
Related reading: Aeroflot is the world’s most on-time airline, report says
The first A350 flight showing available to book on the Aeroflot website is now Oct. 25. Google Flights is still showing the aircraft operating the route for the original period, though ExpertFlyer, which is owned by TPG’s parent company Red Ventures, is showing the summer period flight SU2579 as being operated by an A321.
The schedule for the A350 is as follows as of 25 October:
- SU2578 Moscow (SVO) 11 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 12:15 p.m. Arrival
- SU2579 London (LHR) 1:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ Moscow (SVO) 8:20 p.m. Arrival
The delay to the introduction of the new A350 on the London (LHR) route is a huge downgrade for passengers who will now have to make do with the airline’s older, narrow-body fleet for the nearly four-hour flight.
Related reading: Aeroflot has a new look, besides new suites in biz class
The economy class cabin of the A350 is fit out in a 3-3-3 configuration and looks modern and fresh.
While up front in business class, passengers will have a proper experience with enclosed suites and lie-flat beds in a 1-2-1 configuration. The suite hard product is a first for Aeroflot and will be a vast improvement for the flight compared to flying the route on a narrow-body aircraft.
The outside of the aircraft has also seen a noticeable refresh. A bright white replaces the dark, silver grey of the body of the aircraft, the logo appears larger and the Cyrillic letters have been switched out for roman, making it more globally recognizable.
As with most airline operations, routes and equipment are highly subject to change. If you book a flight with an airline in particular to try out a new product, try to book a refundable ticket.
Featured photo by Frenchpainter via Twitter
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees