Aeroflot delays launch of A350 to London Heathrow until October
Aeroflot has delayed the first flight of its new A350 on the route from Moscow (SVO) to London (LHR). While the airline was originally set to operate the A350 to LHR as of June 1, RoutesOnline reports that the airline has delayed that launch until October.
Related reading: Aeroflot is the world’s most on-time airline, report says
The first A350 flight showing available to book on the Aeroflot website is now Oct. 25. Google Flights is still showing the aircraft operating the route for the original period, though ExpertFlyer, which is owned by TPG’s parent company Red Ventures, is showing the summer period flight SU2579 as being operated by an A321.
The schedule for the A350 is as follows as of 25 October:
- SU2578 Moscow (SVO) 11 a.m. Departure ⇒ London (LHR) 12:15 p.m. Arrival
- SU2579 London (LHR) 1:30 p.m. Departure ⇒ Moscow (SVO) 8:20 p.m. Arrival
The delay to the introduction of the new A350 on the London (LHR) route is a huge downgrade for passengers who will now have to make do with the airline’s older, narrow-body fleet for the nearly four-hour flight.
Related reading: Aeroflot has a new look, besides new suites in biz class
The economy class cabin of the A350 is fit out in a 3-3-3 configuration and looks modern and fresh.
While up front in business class, passengers will have a proper experience with enclosed suites and lie-flat beds in a 1-2-1 configuration. The suite hard product is a first for Aeroflot and will be a vast improvement for the flight compared to flying the route on a narrow-body aircraft.
The outside of the aircraft has also seen a noticeable refresh. A bright white replaces the dark, silver grey of the body of the aircraft, the logo appears larger and the Cyrillic letters have been switched out for roman, making it more globally recognizable.
As with most airline operations, routes and equipment are highly subject to change. If you book a flight with an airline in particular to try out a new product, try to book a refundable ticket.
Featured photo by Frenchpainter via Twitter
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.