Aer Lingus Will Help Uncover Your Irish Heritage With a Trip Around the ‘Motherland’
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Have you always wanted to investigate your Irish roots?
Related: The 7 Best Starter Credit Cards
Well, Aer Lingus has the perfect vacation package for you. The Dublin-based carrier has hopped on the bandwagon of ancestry travel and released trip packages that explore the Emerald Isle and have a focus on helping vacationers discover their Irish genealogy.
Billed as an “unforgettable road trip through the motherland,” the trips are either six-, seven- or eight-night itineraries that require traveling by rental car from city to city in Ireland. The excursion starts with a stay in Dublin, then ventures into the countryside for overnights in bed and breakfasts.
Passengers are able to customize which cities they see based on their heritage. Also included in the package is a consultation with an expert genealogist on your ancestry, as well as visits to the Irish Emigration Museum and the Irish Family History Centre.
Travel packages start at $999 per person for six nights and $1,199 for eight nights. Looking at Aer Lingus’ booking calendar, some nights exceeded $1,500, depending on the day of the week and time of year.
So, what’s included with your Aer Lingus travel package? Travelers will receive round-trip economy class flights to Dublin (DUB); two nights in Dublin at the contemporary North Star Hotel or a similar property; four nights at B&Bs of your choosing across Ireland; admission to both EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum and the Irish Family History Centre, where you’ll receive a 90-minute private consultation with a genealogy expert.
The price tag also includes a manual, economy-sized car rental for six nights. If you want a larger vehicle or require an automatic transmission, you can upgrade for an extra charge. Vehicles can be picked up downtown and returned at the airport.
And if you’ve never visited the land of your ancestors, here’s a list of eight places to visit in Ireland besides Dublin — you might just be inspired.
Featured image by @fallonmichaeltx via Twenty20.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.