AAdvantage cardholders only: Earn up to 1,600 miles back when you book American award flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The summer travel season is heating up.
American’s latest offer is intended to entice AAdvantage cardholders to redeem their miles during this busy travel period — and get a rebate back in the process. Here are the details.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
If you book an award flight by May 14, 2021 — and fly during the months of June or July — you’ll get 400 miles back per flight, up to four flights in total.
Eligible flights must be both marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or American Eagle. That means partner flights, such as the new relationship with Alaska Airlines, do not qualify for this promotion.
Eligible AAdvantage cardholders must register for this offer by May 14. You can find the offer in the “Promotions” tab of your AAdvantage profile. Once you register, a tracker will become available as shown below.
Both Citi and Barclays AAdvantage cards qualify for this promotion, including some of the best cards for American flyers. These include:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® – Best for occasional American flyers
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® – Best for small-business owners
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard – Best for easy-to-earn sign-up bonus
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® — Best for Admirals Club access
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select, CitiBusiness Platinum Select, and Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite cards has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuers.
If you were planning on redeeming AAdvantage miles this summer, this is an easy way to earn a few hundred miles back with little-to-no effort.
Register and book by: May 14, 2021
Travel dates: June 1-July 31, 2021
Featured photo by Chris Dong/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.