AAdvantage cardholders only: Earn up to 1,600 miles back when you book American award flights
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The summer travel season is heating up.
American’s latest offer is intended to entice AAdvantage cardholders to redeem their miles during this busy travel period — and get a rebate back in the process. Here are the details.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
If you book an award flight by May 14, 2021 — and fly during the months of June or July — you’ll get 400 miles back per flight, up to four flights in total.
Eligible flights must be both marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or American Eagle. That means partner flights, such as the new relationship with Alaska Airlines, do not qualify for this promotion.
Eligible AAdvantage cardholders must register for this offer by May 14. You can find the offer in the “Promotions” tab of your AAdvantage profile. Once you register, a tracker will become available as shown below.
Both Citi and Barclays AAdvantage cards qualify for this promotion, including some of the best cards for American flyers. These include:
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® – Best for occasional American flyers
- CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® – Best for small-business owners
- AAdvantage® Aviator® Red World Elite Mastercard – Best for easy-to-earn sign-up bonus
- Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® — Best for Admirals Club access
The information for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select, CitiBusiness Platinum Select, and Barclays AAdvantage Aviator Red World Elite cards has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuers.
If you were planning on redeeming AAdvantage miles this summer, this is an easy way to earn a few hundred miles back with little-to-no effort.
Register and book by: May 14, 2021
Travel dates: June 1-July 31, 2021
Featured photo by Chris Dong/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees