This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was “quarantined” upon arriving at Nashville International Airport on Thursday morning after discovering that passengers may have been exposed to an illness.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was on board American Airlines Flight 1289. The redeye flight traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA), arriving at 5:02am CT. At 5:31am CT, Huckabee took to Twitter to report what happened on board, explaining that one passenger was sick and that the aircraft was being towed to another gate and “quarantined,” adding that passengers were not allowed to go to the bathroom or get off the plane.
About 30 minutes later, Huckabee again tweeted, this time with information that medical personnel was at the aircraft.
Just after 6:45am, the situation had been cleared. According to the airport, the sick passenger was medically cleared to fly by a physician but did not have paperwork. “For safety, passengers were held by BNA Police until contact was made with the physician to confirm clearance, which it was,” said Shannon Sumrall, a BNA spokesperson.
Around that time, all passengers were released from the Boeing 737-800. At this point, the nature of the illness remains unknown.
Featured photo by Scott Olson / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees