Mike Huckabee on Board American Airlines Flight ‘Quarantined’ in Nashville
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was “quarantined” upon arriving at Nashville International Airport on Thursday morning after discovering that passengers may have been exposed to an illness.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was on board American Airlines Flight 1289. The redeye flight traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA), arriving at 5:02am CT. At 5:31am CT, Huckabee took to Twitter to report what happened on board, explaining that one passenger was sick and that the aircraft was being towed to another gate and “quarantined,” adding that passengers were not allowed to go to the bathroom or get off the plane.
About 30 minutes later, Huckabee again tweeted, this time with information that medical personnel was at the aircraft.
Just after 6:45am, the situation had been cleared. According to the airport, the sick passenger was medically cleared to fly by a physician but did not have paperwork. “For safety, passengers were held by BNA Police until contact was made with the physician to confirm clearance, which it was,” said Shannon Sumrall, a BNA spokesperson.
Around that time, all passengers were released from the Boeing 737-800. At this point, the nature of the illness remains unknown.
Featured photo by Scott Olson / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.