This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was “quarantined” upon arriving at Nashville International Airport on Thursday morning after discovering that passengers may have been exposed to an illness.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was on board American Airlines Flight 1289. The redeye flight traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA), arriving at 5:02am CT. At 5:31am CT, Huckabee took to Twitter to report what happened on board, explaining that one passenger was sick and that the aircraft was being towed to another gate and “quarantined,” adding that passengers were not allowed to go to the bathroom or get off the plane.
About 30 minutes later, Huckabee again tweeted, this time with information that medical personnel was at the aircraft.
Just after 6:45am, the situation had been cleared. According to the airport, the sick passenger was medically cleared to fly by a physician but did not have paperwork. “For safety, passengers were held by BNA Police until contact was made with the physician to confirm clearance, which it was,” said Shannon Sumrall, a BNA spokesperson.
Around that time, all passengers were released from the Boeing 737-800. At this point, the nature of the illness remains unknown.
Featured photo by Scott Olson / Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees