This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was “quarantined” upon arriving at Nashville International Airport on Thursday morning after discovering that passengers may have been exposed to an illness.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was on board American Airlines Flight 1289. The redeye flight traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA), arriving at 5:02am CT. At 5:31am CT, Huckabee took to Twitter to report what happened on board, explaining that one passenger was sick and that the aircraft was being towed to another gate and “quarantined,” adding that passengers were not allowed to go to the bathroom or get off the plane.
About 30 minutes later, Huckabee again tweeted, this time with information that medical personnel was at the aircraft.
Just after 6:45am, the situation had been cleared. According to the airport, the sick passenger was medically cleared to fly by a physician but did not have paperwork. “For safety, passengers were held by BNA Police until contact was made with the physician to confirm clearance, which it was,” said Shannon Sumrall, a BNA spokesperson.
Around that time, all passengers were released from the Boeing 737-800. At this point, the nature of the illness remains unknown.
Featured photo by Scott Olson / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards