Mike Huckabee on Board American Airlines Flight ‘Quarantined’ in Nashville
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
An American Airlines flight was “quarantined” upon arriving at Nashville International Airport on Thursday morning after discovering that passengers may have been exposed to an illness.
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee was on board American Airlines Flight 1289. The redeye flight traveled from Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA), arriving at 5:02am CT. At 5:31am CT, Huckabee took to Twitter to report what happened on board, explaining that one passenger was sick and that the aircraft was being towed to another gate and “quarantined,” adding that passengers were not allowed to go to the bathroom or get off the plane.
About 30 minutes later, Huckabee again tweeted, this time with information that medical personnel was at the aircraft.
Just after 6:45am, the situation had been cleared. According to the airport, the sick passenger was medically cleared to fly by a physician but did not have paperwork. “For safety, passengers were held by BNA Police until contact was made with the physician to confirm clearance, which it was,” said Shannon Sumrall, a BNA spokesperson.
Around that time, all passengers were released from the Boeing 737-800. At this point, the nature of the illness remains unknown.
Featured photo by Scott Olson / Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees