AA Exec Tweets Her Way Through Competitor Flight… Again
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In what seems to be a pattern, American Airlines’ Elise Eberwein, Executive Vice President for People and Communications, took to Twitter to “review” her flight on a competitor’s airline. Earlier this year Eberwein provided her insights on a United flight.
Her latest posts about her experience as a “paying passenger” found her on a Delta flight headed to Salt Lake city (SLC). Eberwein’s review of the flight didn’t seem to find any faults with her experience. She even touted how “slick” Delta’s new facial recognition app seems to be.
Unlike her trip with United, where Eberwein was up front in first class, this trip saw her with a seat in the very back of the plane, according to her tweets. It would seem from her post that Eberwein is as price conscious as the rest of us when it comes to choosing fares when the schedule of your preferred airline doesn’t work for your itinerary.
I think we would all agree that airline execs having firsthand knowledge of their competitor’s products is a great thing. Though her review of her time on United was a bit of a mixed bag, it would seem that her experience with Delta was a good one. We will be keeping an eye out for Eberwein’s next passenger experience.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees