This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines is bringing a little taste of a Parisian avenue to some of its Admirals Clubs.
In an effort to expand its offerings, American said that it’s introducing new items in different Admirals Clubs, including crepes at San Francisco International Airport’s (SFO) Admirals Club. The crepes pictured are for breakfast and are customizable, allowing you to select from a variety of fillings.
TPG reached out to American to see if the crepe station is being rolled out around the country. According to the spokesperson, the crepe stations are part of AA’s move to test new and different items in Admirals Club — an ongoing effort for the past few months. New items are being tested at Admirals Clubs at Phoenix (PHX), Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), San Francisco (SFO) and Dallas Terminal A (DFW).
According to the spokesperson, the crepes specifically are available at SFO and PHX and have been popular. If the airline continues to get good feedback with the additions, they may stick around.
In March, American introduced avocado toast as an option at some of its Admirals Clubs.
You’re going to need access to the Admirals Club to be able to enjoy the crepe stations and other new advancements. In order to enter, you need to be an AAdvantage Platinum, Platinum Pro or Executive Platinum member on a qualifying international itinerary or a non-AA Oneworld Sapphire or Emerald to enter the club. Or, if you want club access on domestic flights or as a non-elite, the Citi AAdvantage Executive World Elite Mastercard is your friend. Not only will you get Admirals Club access anytime you’re in the airport, even when flying another airline, you’ll also be able to share this access with up to 10 authorized users for no additional cost. And each cardholder will be able to guest in two guests as well, meaning one account can net up to 33 Admirals Club entries at one time.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 50,000 miles are worth $700. In addition, you can earn 10,000 Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) toward elite status after spending $40,000 in a calendar year. As of July 23, 2017 this is the only card that offers Admirals Club lounge access so if you are an AA flyer this card might make sense for you. Aside from lounge access the primary cardholder will receive a Global Entry application fee credit every 5 years, first checked bag free for up to 8 travel companions on domestic itineraries and a 25% discount on eligible in-flight purchases on American Airlines flights.
- Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after spending $5,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening*
- Admirals Club® membership for you and access for guests traveling with you*
- Complimentary Admirals Club® lounge access for authorized users
- Earn 10,000 AAdvantage® Elite Qualifying Miles (EQMs) after you spend $40,000 in purchases within the year*
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on purchases*
- Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases and 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases*
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines itineraries for you and up to 8 companions traveling with you on the same reservation*