Earn Bonus Alaska and American Miles With Limited Time Shopping Portal Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Two US airlines are offering promotions for doing your shopping through their portals for a limited time only. Both Alaska Airlines and American Airlines are offering versions of a “treat yourself to bonus miles” promotion in which you can earn bonus miles.
First, the American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping promotion. With the “Treat Yourself to a Bonus” promotion, you can earn 400 bonus AAdvantage miles when you spend $200. The promotion runs until May 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. The 400 bonus miles will be awarded based on the cumulative purchase total. So, if you spend $100 at two different retailers, you’ll be eligible for the 400 bonus miles.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the 400 bonus miles are worth almost $6. So, while not the largest return, you could be getting some value back on your purchase(s). Also note that you’ll earn the standard mileage per dollar spent with the retailer in addition to the 400 bonus miles.
Next, Alaska Airlines is running a “Treat Yourself to 500 Bonus Miles” promotion. Until May 16, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you can earn a one-time bonus of 500 miles after you spend $200 through the Alaska Mileage Plan Shopping portal. Like the AAdvantage promotion, the $200 can be spread across multiple purchases.
Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, the potential 500 bonus Alaska miles are worth almost $10. Plus, you’ll earn bonus miles based on your per dollar spend.
There’s nothing stopping you from double dipping on these promotions. You could spend $200 with both American and Alaska to earn bonus miles from each of the carriers. But, keep in mind that you only have until May 16 to meet the spending requirements.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.