American Airlines Wants You to Feel Calmer With Onboard Meditation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines wants its flyers to feel calmer.
But it’s not doing it by, say, making seats bigger. On Tuesday, the airline announced on Tuesday that it’s adding a new calming experience to its in-flight entertainment system. Beginning October 8, AA will begin to offer Calm content to its passengers on all domestic and international flights equipped with streaming entertainment or seatback screens. Calm is a software company based in San Francisco, which offers an app to help users with meditation and mindfulness.
What exactly can you expect? According to a press release, the Calm content will offer a different experience from the moment passengers step on the plane. Calm’s nature scenes can be seen playing on the seatback screens as passengers board the plane. In addition, the IFE system will feature an entire Calm channel, including sleep stories, travel meditations and breathing exercises, as well as additional nature scenes. The content was designed to offer both visual and audio methods to elicit calmness onboard flights.
AA’s move to add Calm to its in-flight entertainment system comes just a couple of weeks after Delta added LinkedIn Learning to its Delta Studio. That addition allows you to access learning courses in flight.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.