This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines wants its flyers to feel calmer.
But it’s not doing it by, say, making seats bigger. On Tuesday, the airline announced on Tuesday that it’s adding a new calming experience to its in-flight entertainment system. Beginning October 8, AA will begin to offer Calm content to its passengers on all domestic and international flights equipped with streaming entertainment or seatback screens. Calm is a software company based in San Francisco, which offers an app to help users with meditation and mindfulness.
What exactly can you expect? According to a press release, the Calm content will offer a different experience from the moment passengers step on the plane. Calm’s nature scenes can be seen playing on the seatback screens as passengers board the plane. In addition, the IFE system will feature an entire Calm channel, including sleep stories, travel meditations and breathing exercises, as well as additional nature scenes. The content was designed to offer both visual and audio methods to elicit calmness onboard flights.
AA’s move to add Calm to its in-flight entertainment system comes just a couple of weeks after Delta added LinkedIn Learning to its Delta Studio. That addition allows you to access learning courses in flight.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards