American Airlines Wants You to Feel Calmer With Onboard Meditation
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
American Airlines wants its flyers to feel calmer.
But it’s not doing it by, say, making seats bigger. On Tuesday, the airline announced on Tuesday that it’s adding a new calming experience to its in-flight entertainment system. Beginning October 8, AA will begin to offer Calm content to its passengers on all domestic and international flights equipped with streaming entertainment or seatback screens. Calm is a software company based in San Francisco, which offers an app to help users with meditation and mindfulness.
What exactly can you expect? According to a press release, the Calm content will offer a different experience from the moment passengers step on the plane. Calm’s nature scenes can be seen playing on the seatback screens as passengers board the plane. In addition, the IFE system will feature an entire Calm channel, including sleep stories, travel meditations and breathing exercises, as well as additional nature scenes. The content was designed to offer both visual and audio methods to elicit calmness onboard flights.
AA’s move to add Calm to its in-flight entertainment system comes just a couple of weeks after Delta added LinkedIn Learning to its Delta Studio. That addition allows you to access learning courses in flight.
Featured image courtesy of American Airlines.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees