A Private Island Bookable with Points, New Amex Platinum Offers, Retro 747 Livery and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed on TPG this week.
The hotel that hosted George and Amal Clooney and Prince William and Kate Middleton can now be booked with points.
The plane will be retired in 2023, but until then it’s going retro.
Ikon’s unlimited Ski Pass gives passholders access to 38 participating resorts.
. . . Good luck getting it.
Not to worry, though. They’ll be back soon.
The airspace and all airports have been closed since Wednesday morning local time because of the escalating armed conflict between Pakistan and India.
Good news: You’ll soon be able to fly from the West Coast to Hawaii with Southwest.
If you have your eye on the card, you’ll want to apply before the annual fee is bumped.
And when we say “huge” order, we mean about $20 billion worth of 777-9s based on list prices.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.