A Hotel Room With a Full-Sized Boeing 737 Flight Simulator? Yes, It Exists
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sweet dreams, aviation geeks: there is a hotel room in Tokyo that features a full-fledged Boeing 737-800 flight simulator.
Aptly called the “Superior Cockpit Room,” it is located in The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, which is connected to Terminal 2 of Haneda International Airport (HND) in Tokyo. With many flights to HND from various US cities, it’s not impossible to make your AvGeek dreams come true.
Aside from what you’d usually expect from a hotel room (two beds, one bath, Wi-Fi, the works) this is also an AvGeek paradise. As originally reported by Kotaku, It really has a flight simulator in it — and except for the fact that it’s fixed, it looks very much like the full-motion flight sims airlines use to train pilots.
The hotel offers multiple plans for those who want to try out the simulator, or spend the night. You can book a 90-minute session with an instructor for 32,400 yen ($299) to “fly” from HND to Osaka International Airport (ITM) without even having to stay overnight in the room.
Guests can also book the double room for a regular stay (instructor and simulation experience not included) for between 25,300 yen ($232) to 30,400 yen ($281) a night. From browsing the hotel’s site, it appears that if you want to stay in the room and also fly the simulator, you need to book both separately.
And if you want to double down on some aviation-related fun, the hotel room overlooks the runway — so when you’re done with your simulated flight experience, you can indulge in some good old-fashioned plane spotting.
Note: to book the “Superior Cockpit Room,” you can only access it through the Japanese version of The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu website, and not the US one. Book your stay (and simulation) here.
All images courtesy of the Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: Up to 100,000 bonus miles
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,040
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X miles on United® purchases
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80K bonus miles after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open. Plus, an additional 20K bonus miles after you spend $10,000 in the first 6 months
- $250 Annual Fee
- Earn 3X miles on United® purchases, 2X miles at restaurants, on select streaming services & all other travel, 1X on all other purchases
- Earn 3X miles on United Airlines purchases
- Earn 2X miles at restaurants and on select streaming services
- Earn 2X miles on all other travel
- Earn 1X mile on all other purchases
- Each year, receive a $125 credit on United® purchases and two 5k-mile anniversary award flight credits. Terms apply.