A Hotel Room With a Full-Sized Boeing 737 Flight Simulator? Yes, It Exists
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sweet dreams, aviation geeks: there is a hotel room in Tokyo that features a full-fledged Boeing 737-800 flight simulator.
Aptly called the “Superior Cockpit Room,” it is located in The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, which is connected to Terminal 2 of Haneda International Airport (HND) in Tokyo. With many flights to HND from various US cities, it’s not impossible to make your AvGeek dreams come true.
Aside from what you’d usually expect from a hotel room (two beds, one bath, Wi-Fi, the works) this is also an AvGeek paradise. As originally reported by Kotaku, It really has a flight simulator in it — and except for the fact that it’s fixed, it looks very much like the full-motion flight sims airlines use to train pilots.
The hotel offers multiple plans for those who want to try out the simulator, or spend the night. You can book a 90-minute session with an instructor for 32,400 yen ($299) to “fly” from HND to Osaka International Airport (ITM) without even having to stay overnight in the room.
Guests can also book the double room for a regular stay (instructor and simulation experience not included) for between 25,300 yen ($232) to 30,400 yen ($281) a night. From browsing the hotel’s site, it appears that if you want to stay in the room and also fly the simulator, you need to book both separately.
And if you want to double down on some aviation-related fun, the hotel room overlooks the runway — so when you’re done with your simulated flight experience, you can indulge in some good old-fashioned plane spotting.
Note: to book the “Superior Cockpit Room,” you can only access it through the Japanese version of The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu website, and not the US one. Book your stay (and simulation) here.
All images courtesy of the Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.