A Hotel Room With a Full-Sized Boeing 737 Flight Simulator? Yes, It Exists
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Sweet dreams, aviation geeks: there is a hotel room in Tokyo that features a full-fledged Boeing 737-800 flight simulator.
Aptly called the “Superior Cockpit Room,” it is located in The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu, which is connected to Terminal 2 of Haneda International Airport (HND) in Tokyo. With many flights to HND from various US cities, it’s not impossible to make your AvGeek dreams come true.
Aside from what you’d usually expect from a hotel room (two beds, one bath, Wi-Fi, the works) this is also an AvGeek paradise. As originally reported by Kotaku, It really has a flight simulator in it — and except for the fact that it’s fixed, it looks very much like the full-motion flight sims airlines use to train pilots.
The hotel offers multiple plans for those who want to try out the simulator, or spend the night. You can book a 90-minute session with an instructor for 32,400 yen ($299) to “fly” from HND to Osaka International Airport (ITM) without even having to stay overnight in the room.
Guests can also book the double room for a regular stay (instructor and simulation experience not included) for between 25,300 yen ($232) to 30,400 yen ($281) a night. From browsing the hotel’s site, it appears that if you want to stay in the room and also fly the simulator, you need to book both separately.
And if you want to double down on some aviation-related fun, the hotel room overlooks the runway — so when you’re done with your simulated flight experience, you can indulge in some good old-fashioned plane spotting.
Note: to book the “Superior Cockpit Room,” you can only access it through the Japanese version of The Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu website, and not the US one. Book your stay (and simulation) here.
All images courtesy of the Haneda Excel Hotel Tokyu.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees