A Guinness World Record Holding Traveler Is Giving Away All of His Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not uncommon for people to have travel-related aspirations on their bucket lists. For instance, flying Lufthansa first class is a common one among points and miles enthusiasts. But they’re often a lot more far-fetched than that and only a select few actually achieve them.
Meet James Asquith. Growing up, Asquith has always wanted to travel and see the world. After years of saving his money, he decided at 18 years old to take a gap year before starting university to travel to Southeast Asia with friends. However, things didn’t play out quite as planned. The trip that was supposed to be three months long quickly turned into something much greater. Asquith ended up spending the next five years traveling around the world, stopping in every single country — quite literally. And by the time he turned 24, he was awarded a Guinness World Record for being the youngest person to visit all 196 countries.
Now, he wants to help another person to see the world. Asquith’s currently running a contest where one lucky person will win all of his British Airways Avios. Asquith says that there’s enough to fly around the world more than three times or a bunch of first class flights, but you’ll need to guess the number of miles he has to win.
To enter, you’ll need to follow @jamesasquithtravel and Asquith’s start-up @holswap on Instagram. Then, comment on the photo above with your guess and tag who you would take with you round the world. The giveaway ends September 23, and you can comment up to five times, each being a new entry. The person who guesses the closest number of miles wins.
Featured photo by rawpixel on Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees