A Guinness World Record Holding Traveler Is Giving Away All of His Miles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
It’s not uncommon for people to have travel-related aspirations on their bucket lists. For instance, flying Lufthansa first class is a common one among points and miles enthusiasts. But they’re often a lot more far-fetched than that and only a select few actually achieve them.
Meet James Asquith. Growing up, Asquith has always wanted to travel and see the world. After years of saving his money, he decided at 18 years old to take a gap year before starting university to travel to Southeast Asia with friends. However, things didn’t play out quite as planned. The trip that was supposed to be three months long quickly turned into something much greater. Asquith ended up spending the next five years traveling around the world, stopping in every single country — quite literally. And by the time he turned 24, he was awarded a Guinness World Record for being the youngest person to visit all 196 countries.
Now, he wants to help another person to see the world. Asquith’s currently running a contest where one lucky person will win all of his British Airways Avios. Asquith says that there’s enough to fly around the world more than three times or a bunch of first class flights, but you’ll need to guess the number of miles he has to win.
To enter, you’ll need to follow @jamesasquithtravel and Asquith’s start-up @holswap on Instagram. Then, comment on the photo above with your guess and tag who you would take with you round the world. The giveaway ends September 23, and you can comment up to five times, each being a new entry. The person who guesses the closest number of miles wins.
Featured photo by rawpixel on Unsplash.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.