Stay at This ‘80s Inspired Airbnb Dream House
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Take a step back into the big-haired, John-Hughes-colored past with this ‘80s inspired Airbnb in Greenville, Texas. The McFly is a house in Dallas that owners Jeremy and Kelsey Turner have transformed into a retro time-warp.
The home features some of the ‘80s most iconic staples, including a boombox on the mantel, neon signs and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arcade game. In the morning, guests can sink their spoons into offerings from the McFly’s cereal bar, featuring a bout of childhood favorites. Turner told CentralTrack that his wife, a talented artist, is responsible for the hand-painted, pastel mural in the house that “sets the tone for the whole place.”
Turner accredited his inspiration for the Airbnb to the quintessential childhood rooms that every kid wished they had.
“I had the idea when I was thinking about how kids’ rooms in ‘80s and ‘90s movies always looked so fun and over the top — think Blank Check and Big,” Turner says. “I thought it’d be fun to make a whole house like that on Airbnb. Then my wife and I spent the summer painting, furnishing and collecting pieces from the ‘80s.”
In Turner’s interview with CentralTrack, he said that his friends say the house feels like walking through a cartoon, something he takes as a compliment.
The quirky Airbnb echoes the spirit of the East Dallas suburb, which dubs itself “one big hippie-dippie family” on its website. Bustling with nightlife and hip restaurants, Greenville has recently revamped its once “rough-and-tumble attitude,” making for the perfect escape. It’s just a stone’s throw from some of Dallas’s most popular attractions, including the George W. Bush Presidential Center, Nasher Sculpture Center and the Dallas Symphony Orchestra at Meyerson Symphony Center.
Bookings for this blast-from-the-past start at $82/night. The pastel-colored walls of this 5-star-rated Airbnb can accommodate parties of up to six people.
If Greenville isn’t in the foreseeable future, out-of-the-norm Airbnbs are more common than you may think. From a Super Mario Bros. themed apartment in Tokyo to a Netflix-and-Chill inspired apartment in New York, quirky-getaway superfans can find comfort all over the world.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees