Mark Your Calendar: Earn 6x AAdvantage Miles on Apple Purchases on Thursday
This Thursday (May 17, 2018) only, American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping is offering a bonus earning structure for purchases made at Apple — 6x miles on your Apple purchases made through the AAdvantage Shopping portal.
Shopping portals seldom offer elevated mileage earnings on Apple purchases, and when they do, it’s generally for one day only. In this instance, however, the AAdvantage portal is giving advance warning as to when it will offer the increased earning. Note, however, that some Apple purchases, such as gift cards and gift wrap, are not eligible for the bonus points. You’ll want to read the terms and conditions before making your purchase to make sure it’s eligible.
For a store that doesn’t often offer bonus points, the value to be had here could be great. For example, if you purchase an iMac for $1,499 and an iPhone X for $1,149, you’d earn a healthy 15,888 AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those points are worth $222.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus points or miles with an airline or point currency of your choosing. If you’ve been planning to make an Apple purchase, consider waiting until Thursday in order to score a fantastic 6x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent with the retailer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.