Mark Your Calendar: Earn 6x AAdvantage Miles on Apple Purchases on Thursday
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This Thursday (May 17, 2018) only, American Airlines AAdvantage Shopping is offering a bonus earning structure for purchases made at Apple — 6x miles on your Apple purchases made through the AAdvantage Shopping portal.
Shopping portals seldom offer elevated mileage earnings on Apple purchases, and when they do, it’s generally for one day only. In this instance, however, the AAdvantage portal is giving advance warning as to when it will offer the increased earning. Note, however, that some Apple purchases, such as gift cards and gift wrap, are not eligible for the bonus points. You’ll want to read the terms and conditions before making your purchase to make sure it’s eligible.
For a store that doesn’t often offer bonus points, the value to be had here could be great. For example, if you purchase an iMac for $1,499 and an iPhone X for $1,149, you’d earn a healthy 15,888 AAdvantage miles. Based on TPG’s most recent valuations, those points are worth $222.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus points or miles with an airline or point currency of your choosing. If you’ve been planning to make an Apple purchase, consider waiting until Thursday in order to score a fantastic 6x AAdvantage miles per dollar spent with the retailer.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.