64 People Were Stuck Upside Down for Hours on a Roller Coaster in Japan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
More than 60 passengers were left hanging upside down for more than two hours on Universal Studios Japan’s Flying Dinosaur roller coaster Tuesday when the ride halted due to an emergency stop.
Riders were suspended about 100 feet off the ground when the ride stalled. Representatives of the amusement park said that the problem stemmed directly from an issue with one of the ride’s sensors. The ride is located in the Jurassic Park area of Universal Studios and, according to the company’s website, the height of the first drop is more than 120 feet. The total length of the course is nearly 3,700 feet long.
All 64 passengers were safely removed via an emergency passage by park staff. There were no injuries reported from ride failure.
Universal Studios Japan is located in Osaka and is similar to the Universal Studios park in Orlando — both offer similar rides and attractions. The park in Japan has been extremely successful since it first opened its doors in 2001 — more than 11 million guests visited the park its opening year. In 2012, it had welcomed more than 100 million total visitors. And in 2017, the park saw more than two million foreign visitors.
H/T: ABC News
Image from Changi Recommends via Facebook
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees