64 People Were Stuck Upside Down for Hours on a Roller Coaster in Japan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
More than 60 passengers were left hanging upside down for more than two hours on Universal Studios Japan’s Flying Dinosaur roller coaster Tuesday when the ride halted due to an emergency stop.
Riders were suspended about 100 feet off the ground when the ride stalled. Representatives of the amusement park said that the problem stemmed directly from an issue with one of the ride’s sensors. The ride is located in the Jurassic Park area of Universal Studios and, according to the company’s website, the height of the first drop is more than 120 feet. The total length of the course is nearly 3,700 feet long.
All 64 passengers were safely removed via an emergency passage by park staff. There were no injuries reported from ride failure.
Universal Studios Japan is located in Osaka and is similar to the Universal Studios park in Orlando — both offer similar rides and attractions. The park in Japan has been extremely successful since it first opened its doors in 2001 — more than 11 million guests visited the park its opening year. In 2012, it had welcomed more than 100 million total visitors. And in 2017, the park saw more than two million foreign visitors.
H/T: ABC News
Image from Changi Recommends via Facebook
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.