This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available – View the current offers here – Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express
Kimpton Hotels definitely have a cult following. And, if you’re hooked on the brand’s funky, service-oriented and pet-friendly vibes, you can get up to 20% cash back on your next stay through Amex Offers. If you’re targeted, you’ll get a $60 statement credit for spending $300 or more on a hotel stay at eligible properties.
If you aren’t familiar with Amex Offers, they’re opt-in, limited-time deals for targeted American Express cardholders. Recent offers include 3x Membership Rewards points on Amazon purchases, 5,000 bonus points for spending $250 or more at Hilton and 20,000 bonus Membership Rewards points for spending $1,000+ with Air France or KLM.
Now through October 14, targeted cardholders will get $60 cash back for spending $300+ at Kimpton Hotels:
The terms and conditions confirm that this isn’t available at any other IHG property. And, it’s not even available at every Kimpton. St. Petersburg Florida’s Kimpton Hotel Zamora is specifically excluded, as well as international Kimpton properties.
In order to take advantage of this promotion, you’re going to have to make the hotel reservation directly with Kimpton via website, IHG’s app or by calling Kimpton directly. You’re going to need to book, stay and pay by October 14 to qualify for the promotion.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will have this offer in its account. In order to see if you’ve been targeted and to enroll in the offer, log in to your AmericanExpress.com account and scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. For reference, I’m targeted for this particular offer on four of my six Amex cards:
- The Platinum Card® from American Express
- The Blue Business℠ Plus Card from American Express
- The Amex EveryDay® Credit Card from American Express
The only two cards that weren’t targeted are my Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express and my Hilton Honors Aspire Card from American Express — both are understandably not targeted for this offer at their competitor.
This offer also serves as a great reminder to check the entire list of Amex Offers in your account for money-saving discounts on both general purchases as well as cash back on travel purchases charged to your Amex.
Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases. If you have multiple cards linked under the same username/password, remember that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards under a single login (or try using multiple private browsers or moving cards to separate logins).
Featured image by Benji Stawski / TPG
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at Marriott and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,200 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees