This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fans of pricy, buttery-soft yoga pants, rejoice! Lululemon purchases made through the American Airlines shopping portal will earn 6 miles per dollar through Nov. 30. The trendy athleisure line offers a number of travel-friendly pieces, including the ABC pants for men, which look like slacks but wear like sweatpants. There’s also the Speed Up tights for women, which feature flat pockets on the thigh perfect for keeping your phone and passport nearby.
Shopping portals are a valuable way to gain extra points and miles on dollars you were already planning to spend. You can earn additional miles with the airline of your choice, credit card points through issuers such as Chase, Barclaycard and American Express, or earn straight cash back from sites such as Ebates and Top Cashback.
Six miles per dollar is one of the more generous rewards offers for Lululemon, which entered the shopping portal world very late in the game. But American Airlines isn’t the only airline offering bonus miles for stretchy pants shoppers. United, Delta, Southwest and Alaska are all offering at least 2 miles per dollar, while Chase and Barclaycard card holders can earn 4 points per dollar. And don’t forget that purchases may count toward increased holiday bonuses worth up to nearly 14,000 points or miles. As always, we highly recommend utilizing a shopping portal aggregator such as CashBackMonitor.com to compare the full list of participating portals for any retailer. And to maximize your earnings, make sure you use the best credit card for each purchase, which will vary depending on both the card as well as the retailer. For instance, you will earn an extra mile per dollar by paying for a Lululemon purchase using a United Airlines cobranded credit card through United’s MileagePlus portal.
Featured photo by @crystalmariesing via Twenty20.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees