This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Fans of pricy, buttery-soft yoga pants, rejoice! Lululemon purchases made through the American Airlines shopping portal will earn 6 miles per dollar through Nov. 30. The trendy athleisure line offers a number of travel-friendly pieces, including the ABC pants for men, which look like slacks but wear like sweatpants. There’s also the Speed Up tights for women, which feature flat pockets on the thigh perfect for keeping your phone and passport nearby.
Shopping portals are a valuable way to gain extra points and miles on dollars you were already planning to spend. You can earn additional miles with the airline of your choice, credit card points through issuers such as Chase, Barclaycard and American Express, or earn straight cash back from sites such as Ebates and Top Cashback.
Six miles per dollar is one of the more generous rewards offers for Lululemon, which entered the shopping portal world very late in the game. But American Airlines isn’t the only airline offering bonus miles for stretchy pants shoppers. United, Delta, Southwest and Alaska are all offering at least 2 miles per dollar, while Chase and Barclaycard card holders can earn 4 points per dollar. And don’t forget that purchases may count toward increased holiday bonuses worth up to nearly 14,000 points or miles. As always, we highly recommend utilizing a shopping portal aggregator such as CashBackMonitor.com to compare the full list of participating portals for any retailer. And to maximize your earnings, make sure you use the best credit card for each purchase, which will vary depending on both the card as well as the retailer. For instance, you will earn an extra mile per dollar by paying for a Lululemon purchase using a United Airlines cobranded credit card through United’s MileagePlus portal.
Featured photo by @crystalmariesing via Twenty20.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees