Get 5x Bonus Miles, $50 Amazon Gift Card on United Flights to Singapore
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
United Airlines is offering two incentives to encourage travelers to visit Singapore. The first incentive provides targeted passengers extra award miles on paid United economy fares between the US and Singapore.
Passengers must register for this promotion before booking their flights. Then, you’ll earn bonus award miles equal to 5x the fare on qualifying flights between the US and Singapore (SIN) through May 31, 2019. Bonus miles are calculated based on the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes, regardless of any subsequent changes to the fare or fare class. Here’s the table of earnings based on elite status.
Note that this offer is targeted and may not be available for all MileagePlus members. I wasn’t eligible for the promotion.
If you are eligible, the terms and conditions of the promotion state you must fly on United-operated flights and must fly the United-operated San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) segment. You must also credit your flights to your United MileagePlus account. Basic economy fares aren’t eligible, and in total, you can earn no more than 100,000 United miles through this promotion.
The second incentive is through a Facebook promotion. While supplies last, United is offering passengers a $50 Amazon.com gift card when you register for the promotion and book a round-trip flight to Singapore before Nov. 20.
You need to sign up for the promotion before booking. Gift cards will be emailed by Dec. 5. To sign up for the promotion, go to United’s Facebook page and click on Info and Ads on the left-hand side. Then, scroll through the ads until you see the ad pictured above. Click sign up and then fill in the email and name associated with your United loyalty account.
If you take advantage of either of these promotions, remember to register for the promotion(s) first and book your flights directly with United. When booking, be sure to use a credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, United Club Card or United Explorer Card that provides excellent earnings on United airfare purchases as well as trip delay protection and baggage delay protection. The information for the United Club card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay by Suhaimi Abdullah / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.