This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines is offering two incentives to encourage travelers to visit Singapore. The first incentive provides targeted passengers extra award miles on paid United economy fares between the US and Singapore.
Passengers must register for this promotion before booking their flights. Then, you’ll earn bonus award miles equal to 5x the fare on qualifying flights between the US and Singapore (SIN) through May 31, 2019. Bonus miles are calculated based on the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes, regardless of any subsequent changes to the fare or fare class. Here’s the table of earnings based on elite status.
Note that this offer is targeted and may not be available for all MileagePlus members. I wasn’t eligible for the promotion.
If you are eligible, the terms and conditions of the promotion state you must fly on United-operated flights and must fly the United-operated San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) segment. You must also credit your flights to your United MileagePlus account. Basic economy fares aren’t eligible, and in total, you can earn no more than 100,000 United miles through this promotion.
The second incentive is through a Facebook promotion. While supplies last, United is offering passengers a $50 Amazon.com gift card when you register for the promotion and book a round-trip flight to Singapore before Nov. 20.
You need to sign up for the promotion before booking. Gift cards will be emailed by Dec. 5. To sign up for the promotion, go to United’s Facebook page and click on Info and Ads on the left-hand side. Then, scroll through the ads until you see the ad pictured above. Click sign up and then fill in the email and name associated with your United loyalty account.
If you take advantage of either of these promotions, remember to register for the promotion(s) first and book your flights directly with United. When booking, be sure to use a credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, United MileagePlus Club Card or United Explorer Card that provides excellent earnings on United airfare purchases as well as trip delay protection and baggage delay protection.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay by Suhaimi Abdullah / Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards