This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
United Airlines is offering two incentives to encourage travelers to visit Singapore. The first incentive provides targeted passengers extra award miles on paid United economy fares between the US and Singapore.
Passengers must register for this promotion before booking their flights. Then, you’ll earn bonus award miles equal to 5x the fare on qualifying flights between the US and Singapore (SIN) through May 31, 2019. Bonus miles are calculated based on the originally ticketed fare and/or fare classes, regardless of any subsequent changes to the fare or fare class. Here’s the table of earnings based on elite status.
Note that this offer is targeted and may not be available for all MileagePlus members. I wasn’t eligible for the promotion.
If you are eligible, the terms and conditions of the promotion state you must fly on United-operated flights and must fly the United-operated San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN) segment. You must also credit your flights to your United MileagePlus account. Basic economy fares aren’t eligible, and in total, you can earn no more than 100,000 United miles through this promotion.
The second incentive is through a Facebook promotion. While supplies last, United is offering passengers a $50 Amazon.com gift card when you register for the promotion and book a round-trip flight to Singapore before Nov. 20.
You need to sign up for the promotion before booking. Gift cards will be emailed by Dec. 5. To sign up for the promotion, go to United’s Facebook page and click on Info and Ads on the left-hand side. Then, scroll through the ads until you see the ad pictured above. Click sign up and then fill in the email and name associated with your United loyalty account.
If you take advantage of either of these promotions, remember to register for the promotion(s) first and book your flights directly with United. When booking, be sure to use a credit card like the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, United MileagePlus Club Card or United Explorer Card that provides excellent earnings on United airfare purchases as well as trip delay protection and baggage delay protection.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured photo of Singapore’s Gardens by the Bay by Suhaimi Abdullah / Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees