Act Quickly to Earn 50% More Delta SkyMiles For Partner Activity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s currently offering some SkyMiles members the opportunity to earn 50% bonus miles for select partner activity. The offer covers SkyMiles partners from car rental agencies to SkyMiles Dining and SkyMiles Shopping, so there are plenty of options to earn the bonus miles.
In order to qualify, you must register for the promotion on Delta’s website by July 24, 2018. Once registered, you’ll earn the bonus miles for all eligible activity through September 30. You must be living in the US to be eligible for the promotion, and you can only earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles with qualifying transactions.
This promotion is targeted so not everyone will be able to get it, but based on our tests, the website does appear to be accepting registrations from at least some people who didn’t receive the targeted email. So it’s worth trying to register to find out for sure if you’re eligible.
Eligible SkyMiles partners include Airbnb, hotels (SPG, Hilton, Marriott and more), car rental companies (Hertz, Alamo, Enterprise and more), limo and shuttle services, cruises and vacations, dining, retail and more. However, Delta’s airline partners are explicitly excluded from this promotion.
Note that the 50% bonus will only be awarded on base miles — in other words, you won’t get a bonus on miles earned through promotions such as Marriott’s Hotel + Air Packages or on bonus points awarded for your hotel elite status. Additionally, it could take up to 60 days for miles earned through this promotion to show up on your account.
The 10,000-mile cap is worth $120 based on TPG’s most recent valuations and may even be enough to score a domestic round-trip award. While most people probably won’t completely maximize this promotion, the number of miles you can earn will still add up, so everyone should register for it if you can.
Featured image by @TonyTheTigersSon via Twenty20.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees