This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re looking for a getaway to Mexico or Central America, the price of some hotel options have just been cut in half. IHG is offering award nights at few dozen properties at 50% off the standard award rate.
Now through August 13, book an award stay at any of the 33 participating hotels for 50% off the standard award rate. The promotion is valid for stays from now through October 27. As with the IHG PointBreaks hotels, there’s no special promo code to enter. Just log in to your IHG Rewards account and search for award nights at a participating hotel. If there’s award availability for your nights, the reduced award night rate will appear in the results.
While InterContinental hotels rarely are included on the PointBreaks list nowadays, this sales includes six properties in IHG’s most prestigious brand. Also, there are four Crowne Plaza hotels, a Hotel Indigo and at least two all-inclusive properties. Here’s the list of participating hotels — excluding Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express properties:
- InterContinental Presidente™ Mérida (12,500 points per night)
- InterContinental™ Miramar Panamá (15,000 points per night)
- InterContinental™ Real Santo Domingo (17,500 points per night)
- InterContinental Presidente™ Cancún Resort (17,500 points per night)
- InterContinental Presidente™ Cozumel Resort Spa (25,000 points per night)
- InterContinental™ San Juan (25,000 points per night after discount)
- Crowne Plaza™ Panama
- Crowne Plaza™ Panama Airport
- Crowne Plaza™ Santo Domingo
- Crowne Plaza™ Villahermosa
- Hotel Indigo™ Veracruz Boca del Río
- Holiday Inn Resort™ Los Cabos All Inclusive
- Holiday Inn Resort™ Ixtapa All Inclusive
- Holiday Inn Resort™ Acapulco
- Holiday Inn Resort™ Aruba Beach Resort & Casino
- Holiday Inn Resort™ Mazatlán
Even better, you can combine this discount with the automatic fourth night free perk of the IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card to score nights at an InterContinental for under 10,000 IHG Rewards points per night:
One important warning: This sale is occurring during hurricane season. Most IHG properties have a generous cancellation policy, but you’ll want to check the hotel cancellation policy before booking. Also, make sure to book your flights with a credit card that offers trip delay and cancellation in case weather ruins your plans.
H/T: Loyalty Lobby
Featured image courtesy of Intercontinental Miramar Panama.
Earn up to 100,000 points, worth up to $600 with the IHG Rewards Premier Card. With this card you'll get IHG Rewards Platinum Elite status which more than negates the value of the $89 annual fee. You'll also earn 10 points per dollar at IHG hotels, 2 points per dollar on gas stations, grocery stores and restaurants and 1 point per dollar on everything else.
- Earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add your first authorized user and make your first purchase in the first three months from account opening
- Enjoy a Free Night after each account anniversary year at eligible IHG hotels worldwide. Plus, enjoy a free reward night when you redeem points for any stay of 4 or more nights
- Earn 10 points per $1 spent when you stay at an IHG hotel
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent on purchases at gas stations, grocery stores, and restaurants. Earn 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Platinum Elite status as long as you remain a Premier card member
- Global Entry or TSA Pre✓® Fee Credit of up to $100 every 4 years as reimbursement for the application fee charged to your card
- IHG Rewards Club Bonus points are redeemable at hotels such as InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Kimpton®, EVEN® Hotels, Indigo® Hotels & Holiday Inn®