50 Airlines With the Best Wi-Fi, Only 4 US Airlines Make the List
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveloka, an Indonesian technology company that provides online airline ticketing and hotel booking services, looked at the top 50 most tech-friendly airlines, and only four US carriers made the list. Traveloka analyzed 50 airlines operating long-haul flights and ranked the carriers based off Wi-Fi speed and cost, power outlet availability and ability to make phone calls, send text messages and watch live TV.
The airlines providing the most connectivity are Qatar Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways and Virgin Atlantic. These five airlines all offer text messaging, live TV and phone calls. Delta earns a top spot at No. 3 for its relatively low-cost Wi-Fi ($1.17/hour) and free messaging via iMessage, What’sApp and Facebook Messenger. Qatar Airways lands the top spot for having the most amenities all around at just $5/hour. Although Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world, it landed at No. 14 on the tech-friendly list. Singapore Airlines’ Wi-Fi costs nearly $9/hour and does not have the greatest connection, nor does it allow for phone calls and live TV.
Top 50 Most Tech-Friendly Airlines:
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.