This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveloka, an Indonesian technology company that provides online airline ticketing and hotel booking services, looked at the top 50 most tech-friendly airlines, and only four US carriers made the list. Traveloka analyzed 50 airlines operating long-haul flights and ranked the carriers based off Wi-Fi speed and cost, power outlet availability and ability to make phone calls, send text messages and watch live TV.
The airlines providing the most connectivity are Qatar Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways and Virgin Atlantic. These five airlines all offer text messaging, live TV and phone calls. Delta earns a top spot at No. 3 for its relatively low-cost Wi-Fi ($1.17/hour) and free messaging via iMessage, What’sApp and Facebook Messenger. Qatar Airways lands the top spot for having the most amenities all around at just $5/hour. Although Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world, it landed at No. 14 on the tech-friendly list. Singapore Airlines’ Wi-Fi costs nearly $9/hour and does not have the greatest connection, nor does it allow for phone calls and live TV.
Top 50 Most Tech-Friendly Airlines:
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees