This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Traveloka, an Indonesian technology company that provides online airline ticketing and hotel booking services, looked at the top 50 most tech-friendly airlines, and only four US carriers made the list. Traveloka analyzed 50 airlines operating long-haul flights and ranked the carriers based off Wi-Fi speed and cost, power outlet availability and ability to make phone calls, send text messages and watch live TV.
The airlines providing the most connectivity are Qatar Airways, Emirates, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways and Virgin Atlantic. These five airlines all offer text messaging, live TV and phone calls. Delta earns a top spot at No. 3 for its relatively low-cost Wi-Fi ($1.17/hour) and free messaging via iMessage, What’sApp and Facebook Messenger. Qatar Airways lands the top spot for having the most amenities all around at just $5/hour. Although Singapore Airlines is one of the best airlines in the world, it landed at No. 14 on the tech-friendly list. Singapore Airlines’ Wi-Fi costs nearly $9/hour and does not have the greatest connection, nor does it allow for phone calls and live TV.
Top 50 Most Tech-Friendly Airlines:
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees