5 things you can buy your Valentine with your annual card credits
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and that means love is in the air. Whether you’ve been married for 40 years or are trying to impress your new best friend, shelling out for a Valentine’s gift can get pretty costly.
We feel you. So here are five gifts you can buy your Valentine using the credits offered by your credit card. They never need to know.
Chocolate covered strawberries from Saks 5th Avenue
I know, I’m as surprised as you are about this. But it’s true — Saks sells a variety of Valentine’s Day goods, and a dozen chocolate covered strawberries are on the list.
Even better, these strawberries cost the exact bi-annual $50 credit that you receive for holding The Platinum Card® from American Express, which means you’re not left scrambling to find a use for three or four dollars before June. And since your credit resets in the latter half of the year, you can do it all over again. Am I sensing a post-Halloween romantic revival? Enrollment required for select benefits.
A Valentine’s bouquet from Doordash
Did you fail to grab a gift before you headed home? Well if you live in a city that has DoorDash and hold a Chase Sapphire Reserve®, you can take advantage of your new $60 credit to have not just flowers, but also a teddy bear and chocolate sent straight to your home in 30 minutes.
See, you weren’t forgetful — you were having them hand delivered.
A FitBit Versa from Dell
Save their heart (health) with a FitBit Versa purchased using the up to $100 Dell credit on U.S. purchases from The Business Platinum Card® from American Express. You may argue that it’s not sexy, but buy a matching set and celebrate your FitBit-inspired fitness.
Or, if you’re in the mood for a little mood music, grab a Bose Soundlink Speaker instead and let your inner Marvin Gaye loose.
A luxury travel kit from Saks 5th Avenue
Did you know that Jack Black is into body wash now? Neither did I, but this set comes complete with beard lube and a handy carrying case for the frequent traveler in your life.
As above, use your $50 semi-annual credit from The Platinum Card® from American Express to snag this set. Enrollment required for select benefits.
A Valentine’s Day Cinnapack from Grubhub
This one’s cheating a little, since it costs more than your American Express® Gold Card up to $10 monthly credit, but come on — it’s a package full of cinnamon rolls in the shape of a heart. Who wouldn’t love that?
You can splurge a little and pay only $6.49 when you use your monthly dining credit on your the Amex Gold Card. Or, if you’re truly strapped for cash, saunter on over to The Cheesecake Factory and scoop up a slice of Ultimate Red Velvet Cheesecake for $7.95. We won’t judge. Enrollment required for select benefits.
Feature photo by FatCamera/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees