This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday might be long over, but the holiday deals keep rolling in. On Friday, you can earn bonus miles from four different airlines when making Apple purchases. The bonus elevations can be had at the following rates:
- American: Earn 5 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Delta: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- United: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Alaska: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
While purchasing through your portal of choice (AAdvantage Shopping, SkyMiles Shopping, MileagePlus Shopping or Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping), make sure to check the terms and conditions on this one-day offer. Currently, the iPad Pro, new MacBook Air and new Mac mini are not eligible for this promotion as well as gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. However, you can earn these bonus points on other newer products, such as the iPhone XR, for example.
For example, if you’re shopping through the AAdvantage portal and purchase an iPhone XR for $899, you’d earn 4,495 AAdvantage miles, which are worth $63 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. From another portal that’s earning 2x miles, such as Alaska, Delta or United, you’d earn 1,798 miles for that same $899 purchase, which are worth $32, $22 and $25, respectively.
Using online shopping portals is one of the best ways to maximize your holiday shopping experience, especially when it comes to earning bonus miles. However, remember these deals will likely expire at the end of the day — so don’t miss out!
Featured image by Don Arnold / Contributor via Getty Images.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees