This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday might be long over, but the holiday deals keep rolling in. On Friday, you can earn bonus miles from four different airlines when making Apple purchases. The bonus elevations can be had at the following rates:
- American: Earn 5 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Delta: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- United: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Alaska: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
While purchasing through your portal of choice (AAdvantage Shopping, SkyMiles Shopping, MileagePlus Shopping or Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping), make sure to check the terms and conditions on this one-day offer. Currently, the iPad Pro, new MacBook Air and new Mac mini are not eligible for this promotion as well as gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. However, you can earn these bonus points on other newer products, such as the iPhone XR, for example.
For example, if you’re shopping through the AAdvantage portal and purchase an iPhone XR for $899, you’d earn 4,495 AAdvantage miles, which are worth $63 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. From another portal that’s earning 2x miles, such as Alaska, Delta or United, you’d earn 1,798 miles for that same $899 purchase, which are worth $32, $22 and $25, respectively.
Using online shopping portals is one of the best ways to maximize your holiday shopping experience, especially when it comes to earning bonus miles. However, remember these deals will likely expire at the end of the day — so don’t miss out!
Featured image by Don Arnold / Contributor via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards