This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Black Friday might be long over, but the holiday deals keep rolling in. On Friday, you can earn bonus miles from four different airlines when making Apple purchases. The bonus elevations can be had at the following rates:
- American: Earn 5 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Delta: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- United: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
- Alaska: Earn 2 miles per dollar at Apple (typically 1)
While purchasing through your portal of choice (AAdvantage Shopping, SkyMiles Shopping, MileagePlus Shopping or Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Shopping), make sure to check the terms and conditions on this one-day offer. Currently, the iPad Pro, new MacBook Air and new Mac mini are not eligible for this promotion as well as gift cards, gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs and shipping. However, you can earn these bonus points on other newer products, such as the iPhone XR, for example.
For example, if you’re shopping through the AAdvantage portal and purchase an iPhone XR for $899, you’d earn 4,495 AAdvantage miles, which are worth $63 based on TPG’s most recent valuations. From another portal that’s earning 2x miles, such as Alaska, Delta or United, you’d earn 1,798 miles for that same $899 purchase, which are worth $32, $22 and $25, respectively.
Using online shopping portals is one of the best ways to maximize your holiday shopping experience, especially when it comes to earning bonus miles. However, remember these deals will likely expire at the end of the day — so don’t miss out!
Featured image by Don Arnold / Contributor via Getty Images.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees