Targeted: Get 5 points per dollar on Amazon purchases with new Amex Offer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
Here’s what you need to know.
You will get 4 additional Amex Membership Rewards points per dollar spent on Amazon purchases made at amazon.com or via the U.S. Amazon app from now until Dec. 31, 2019, up to 1,500 points. This is on top of the 1 base point you will earn on your card, bringing the total Membership Rewards points to 5 points per dollar.
What’s great about this deal is that you can buy nearly anything from Amazon.com to get the points, and Amazon sells just about everything under the sun. Note that while corporate gift cards are excluded, third-party gift cards appear to be eligible. If you don’t have anything to purchase from Amazon now, you can still nab a gift card from retailers like Best Buy and Starbucks, or airlines like Southwest and Delta.
Keep in mind that authorized users are also eligible to enroll on their own card for this offer. This means you can earn points across both cards and double or triple the amount of points you receive from this offer.
Note that the offer appears to be targeted, as I saw it on three of my four Amex cards including The Platinum Card® from American Express, American Express® Green Card and the American Express® Gold Card — but not The Business Platinum Card® from American Express.
The information for the Amex Green Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
As you’ll find with any Amex Offer, the usual restrictions apply. The offer excludes corporate gift cards (but not regular gift cards) and custom-designed gift card purchases and is not valid at international sites owned and/or operated by Amazon or websites affiliated with/linked to/from Amazon.com. Offer not valid for Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global, or Amazon Drive.
Note that you can earn a maximum of 1,500 bonus Amex points with this offer. In order to take advantage of the deal, you’ll need to check to see if you were targeted and then use your eligible card for purchases by New Year’s Eve. Any of the above can only be added to one card per account holder, so you’ll want to check all of your cards to select the one that offers the best return on the purchase.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
If you don’t have an American Express card and don’t want to miss out on future offers like this, consider adding The Platinum Card® from American Express to your wallet, as it’s offering a welcome bonus of 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
If the Platinum Card isn’t for you, check out our guide on choosing the best American Express card that suits your style.
For more on Amex Offers, Amazon and American Express cards, read:
- Your ultimate guide to Amex Offers
- Great deal: Get $30 off Amazon with just 1 Amex point
- Choosing the best American Express Card for you
- How to Get up to 5x Points on Amazon Purchases
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees