You Can Now Take Delivery of a $45 Million Gulfstream G500 Private Jet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you passed on the $4.5 million HondaJet Elite, perhaps moving the comma to the right and adding another zero will make you reconsider private jet ownership. Following a global strutting tour, Gulfstream Aerospace has just delivered the all-new Gulfstream G500 to its very first North American customer.
The unnamed individual took delivery at the company’s Savannah headquarters, just shy of four years after the aircraft was announced in October 2014.
The G500 received both Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) type and production certificates on July 20, 2018, and if you’ve got $45 million (and up) that you don’t mind parting ways with, you too can get in line.
TPG and Editor-at-Large Zach Honig took to the skies in the G500 earlier this month, taking part in a special SAV-SAV flight to soak in the accoutrements.
With a range of 6,000 miles and seating for up to 19 people, the G500 is in a league of its own for private travel. From this day forward, you’ll be able to catch them shuttling owners from airport to airport, no TSA required.
Featured image of a G500 courtesy of Gulfstream Aerospace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees