You Can Now Take Delivery of a $45 Million Gulfstream G500 Private Jet
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you passed on the $4.5 million HondaJet Elite, perhaps moving the comma to the right and adding another zero will make you reconsider private jet ownership. Following a global strutting tour, Gulfstream Aerospace has just delivered the all-new Gulfstream G500 to its very first North American customer.
The unnamed individual took delivery at the company’s Savannah headquarters, just shy of four years after the aircraft was announced in October 2014.
The G500 received both Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) type and production certificates on July 20, 2018, and if you’ve got $45 million (and up) that you don’t mind parting ways with, you too can get in line.
TPG and Editor-at-Large Zach Honig took to the skies in the G500 earlier this month, taking part in a special SAV-SAV flight to soak in the accoutrements.
With a range of 6,000 miles and seating for up to 19 people, the G500 is in a league of its own for private travel. From this day forward, you’ll be able to catch them shuttling owners from airport to airport, no TSA required.
Featured image of a G500 courtesy of Gulfstream Aerospace.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.