Deal Alert: Southwest fares as low as $39 one-way or 2,300 points
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The deals keep coming this Cyber Monday.
Southwest Airlines is out with a sweet deal through Dec. 3, 2020, with fares as low as $39 one-way. Southwest is calling it the “Wanna 2021 Getaway” sale. You could also use as few as 2,300 Rapid Rewards points each way (plus $5.60 in taxes and fees).
The no-change-fee airline is offering a fairly widespread sale for select travel dates through March 17, 2021. Whether you want to hit the slopes of Telluride in Montrose, Colorado, or get some sun in Honolulu, Hawaii, there may be a deal here for you.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Routes: between AUS/MTJ/OAK/SJU/PHX/LGA/MSY/HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH/ITO/AUS/DAL/STL and more
Cost: from $39 one-way, $49, or $99 one-way
Dates: Book by Dec. 3 for travel between Jan. 5 and March 17 — discounted rates may extend beyond advertised dates.
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel ; earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year, starting Jan. 1, 2021), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available from Southwest’s email announcing the sale:
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Boston Logan and Baltimore/Washington,
- As low as $39 one-way nonstop between Denver and Montrose (Telluride), CO,
- As low as $49 one-way nonstop between Dallas (Love Field) and New Orleans,
- As low as $59 one-way nonstop between Nashville and Chicago (Midway),
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between San Jose and Honolulu (Oahu), and
- As low as $99 one-way nonstop between Oakland and Honolulu (Oahu).
We found deals from Oakland to Honolulu for just $99 each way.
Or how about a ski trip in March for $39 each way from Denver (DEN)?
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Additional reporting by Katherine Fan.
Featured image courtesy Denver International Airport.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.