3 Puppies Have Randomly Become a Huge Tourist Attraction in Japan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The power of social media has turned a residential neighborhood in Japan into a must-see attraction. Three quirky shiba inus have been known to poke their heads out of holes in the concrete wall surrounding their home – and tourists have begun flocking to see the good boys.
The holes started out as a means to improve the airflow of the owner’s garden, according to Lonely Planet, but soon became a lookout point for the dogs. They seemingly responded to anything intriguing outside, so passersby loved to get their attention. However, the dogs really started getting attention when they went viral a few times on social media.
One Taiwanese YouTuber, Migeul Yeh, made his way to Japan just to see the dogs, and he made a video about the experience. Lots of Instagram and Twitter posts have also allowed the street in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan to gain a lot of traction.
This tweet in Japanese shows images of the dogs eagerly perched out of their respective holes.
The dogs now have a sign above their holes showing their names and relaying an important message: Don’t feed them. It seems that the owner is happy with the shiba inus becoming famous, so long as they’re protected from the questionable food that people might give them.
If you’re going to Japan, you might want to stop by the neighborhood to see the three shiba inus. Or plan a trip to see them!
Featured image by @Vocal_YURI.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees