3 Puppies Have Randomly Become a Huge Tourist Attraction in Japan
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The power of social media has turned a residential neighborhood in Japan into a must-see attraction. Three quirky shiba inus have been known to poke their heads out of holes in the concrete wall surrounding their home – and tourists have begun flocking to see the good boys.
The holes started out as a means to improve the airflow of the owner’s garden, according to Lonely Planet, but soon became a lookout point for the dogs. They seemingly responded to anything intriguing outside, so passersby loved to get their attention. However, the dogs really started getting attention when they went viral a few times on social media.
One Taiwanese YouTuber, Migeul Yeh, made his way to Japan just to see the dogs, and he made a video about the experience. Lots of Instagram and Twitter posts have also allowed the street in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan to gain a lot of traction.
This tweet in Japanese shows images of the dogs eagerly perched out of their respective holes.
The dogs now have a sign above their holes showing their names and relaying an important message: Don’t feed them. It seems that the owner is happy with the shiba inus becoming famous, so long as they’re protected from the questionable food that people might give them.
If you’re going to Japan, you might want to stop by the neighborhood to see the three shiba inus. Or plan a trip to see them!
Featured image by @Vocal_YURI.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.