3 Days Only: Earn 7 Aeroplan Miles Per Dollar on Apple Purchases
It takes lucky timing to earn more than 1 or 2 miles per dollar on Apple purchases. But, from time to time, savvy shoppers are rewarded for their patience with an elevated portal earning rate. For anyone looking to make a purchase with Apple, this is your lucky day.
For three days only (Feb. 19 – 21), Aeroplan’s shopping portal is offering 7 miles per dollar spent on Apple purchases. This is one of the highest bonuses we have ever seen for Apple, and Air Canada’s Aeroplan program is actually fantastic and can even get you to Europe and back in lie-flat business class seats from just 110,000 miles. This is fewer miles than their Star Alliance partner United would want for the same flights.
Many of Apple’s latest products are eligible for the 7x bonus, including the iPhone XR, XS and XS Max. There are a few exclusions to note, however, fewer exclusions than normal. Excluded from the 7x miles promo are: gift wrap, Bose products, Apple Developer Programs, Employee Purchasing Programs and shipping. If you are shopping for the whole family, note that you are generally limited to earning rewards on up to five of the same product type within 30 days, but that limit is just two for iPhones.
Here’s how many Aeroplan miles you could earn with example purchases at Apple.ca:
- AirPods – retailing at $219 = 1,533 miles
- iPhone Xs – starting at $1,379 = 9,653 miles
- MacBook Pro – starting at $ 1,729 = 12,103 miles
Presumably these rates would vary if you purchase in CAD vs. USD.
If you went all-in on a new iPhone X at the price above, those roughly 10,000 Aeroplan miles would be worth $150 by TPG valuations. In fact, 10k miles are more than enough for a 7,500 mile short-haul award. So, buy an iPhone, and earn a ‘free’ short haul flight with Aeroplan.
When making a large electronic purchase, be sure to use a credit card with purchase protection and extended warranty benefits. While benefits vary from card to card, you may have success getting compensated if your product gets damaged or destroyed during the coverage period — TPG‘s Emily McNutt was able to get a $399 credit from her Platinum Card® from American Express to cover damage to her Apple Watch. And several years ago, we were able to get coverage from our Ink Business Preferred Credit Card when Josh’s new iPhone took a swim in the lake within 120 days of the purchase. That card also has some pretty solid built-in phone protections if you pay your monthly bill with the card.
But regardless of the card you use to make the purchase, you have until Feb. 21 to earn 7x Aeroplan miles on Apple purchases.
Featured photo by Gary Hershorn/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.