Get 2,000 Bonus Membership Rewards Points for Spending $50 or More at Amazon
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
If you aren’t already familiar with Amex Offers, the holiday shopping season an excellent time to learn all about them. Amex Offers are opt-in, limited-time deals specifically for American Express cardholders, like 5,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $250 or more at Saks Fifth Avenue, 15% off Starbucks purchases and so many more.
A great Amex Offer reappeared on some targeted American Express credit card accounts just in time for holiday shopping — 2,000 Membership Rewards points for spending $50 or more at Amazon. You don’t even need to spend that $50 or more at the same time.
The offer expires Dec. 31, 2018, and to qualify for the bonus points, all purchases must be made through Amazon directly. It isn’t valid for purchases through Amazon Local, Amazon Mechanical Turk, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Home & Business Services, Amazon Currency Converter, Home Services, Prime Photos, Amazon Inspire, Amazon Video Direct, Amazon business, Amazon Global or Amazon Drive.
Remember that Amex Offers are often targeted, so not every American Express card will be included in this Amazon promotion. In order to see if you’ve been targeted — and to enroll in the offer — log in to your AmericanExpress.com account. Scroll down to the “Amex Offers and Benefits” section. You may need to click “Load More” to see the offer. Make sure to click the “Add to Card” button to enroll your card in the offers you want before making your purchases.
Given TPG’s current valuation of Membership Rewards, 2,000 points are worth $40, so definitely take advantage of this if you’re targeted. These additional points will be added within 90 days after Dec. 31.
Note that there’s a limit of one registration per Amex Offer per username/password. So, choose wisely if you have multiple targeted cards under a single login (or try using multiple private browsers or moving cards to separate logins). I received this offer on my American Express® Gold Card.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.