Set an Alarm for 2pm EST: Olympic Live Tickets Go On Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Set your alarm, because tickets to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo go on sale at 2pm EST on Tuesday.
Tickets for next summer’s Olympic Games in Japan are being sold in phases, with the first batch released this past May. On Tuesday, July 9, authorized US ticket dealer CoSport will release the next batch of Summer Olympics tickets at 2pm EST in its “live ticket sales” phase. These are the tickets that were leftover after the initial sale and they are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. So, get online right at 2pm if you want to score the best options.
US residents have access to ticket sales this afternoon, while people in Europe and the Middle East gain access at 3pm CEST. Australian residents can buy tickets on July 10 at 9am AEST.
Ticket prices range greatly depending on the event you purchase tickets for and your seat location. A ticket to the gymnastics finals, for example, ranges from $100 to $700. Refer to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Price List for more details and sample pricing.
When purchasing event tickets, use a credit card that rewards you for spend in the “entertainment” category. For example, use your Citi Premier® Card for a 2x bonus on entertainment spend. Chase Freedom Unlimited gets you 1.5% cash back (1.5x points) on entertainment purchases while you’ll net 5% cash back with the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card (up to $2,000 in combined purchases per quarter on two categories you choose) and 4% cash back on the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Tickets for many Olympic events go quickly, so if you’ve even been toying with the idea of attending, today is the day to buy tickets. You’ll still have plenty of time to book your flight to Tokyo on points and miles, and reserve a room at one of the many great points hotels in the area. So get online at 2pm EST, and good luck!
Looking for more Olympic coverage?
- Guide to Attending the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- The Best Points Hotels in Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics
- Japan Is Readying a New Bullet Train in Time for the 2020 Olympics
- And the 2026 Winter Olympic Games Go to … Italy
Featured image by Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees