Set an Alarm for 2pm EST: Olympic Live Tickets Go On Sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Set your alarm, because tickets to the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo go on sale at 2pm EST on Tuesday.
Tickets for next summer’s Olympic Games in Japan are being sold in phases, with the first batch released this past May. On Tuesday, July 9, authorized US ticket dealer CoSport will release the next batch of Summer Olympics tickets at 2pm EST in its “live ticket sales” phase. These are the tickets that were leftover after the initial sale and they are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. So, get online right at 2pm if you want to score the best options.
US residents have access to ticket sales this afternoon, while people in Europe and the Middle East gain access at 3pm CEST. Australian residents can buy tickets on July 10 at 9am AEST.
Ticket prices range greatly depending on the event you purchase tickets for and your seat location. A ticket to the gymnastics finals, for example, ranges from $100 to $700. Refer to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 Price List for more details and sample pricing.
When purchasing event tickets, use a credit card that rewards you for spend in the “entertainment” category. For example, use your Citi Premier® Card for a 2x bonus on entertainment spend. Chase Freedom Unlimited gets you 1.5% cash back (1.5x points) on entertainment purchases while you’ll net 5% cash back with the U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card (up to $2,000 in combined purchases per quarter on two categories you choose) and 4% cash back on the Capital One® Savor® Cash Rewards Credit Card. The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Tickets for many Olympic events go quickly, so if you’ve even been toying with the idea of attending, today is the day to buy tickets. You’ll still have plenty of time to book your flight to Tokyo on points and miles, and reserve a room at one of the many great points hotels in the area. So get online at 2pm EST, and good luck!
Looking for more Olympic coverage?
- Guide to Attending the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo
- The Best Points Hotels in Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics
- Japan Is Readying a New Bullet Train in Time for the 2020 Olympics
- And the 2026 Winter Olympic Games Go to … Italy
Featured image by Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.