Get $20 off your next Amazon purchase when you pay with an Amex card
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amazon regularly offers significant discounts through its credit card partners — most often American Express and Citi — but the online retail giant’s discounts are typically targeted, so they aren’t available to all customers.
As Doctor of Credit reports, Amazon just launched a new promotion — it’s a bit different than those we’ve seen in the past. This time around, anyone with an Amex card should be able to take advantage, netting you $20 off your next purchase when you spend $50 or more on certain products.
Here’s how it works:
- Add at least $50 in products sold directly by Amazon.com or Amazon Digital Services to your cart (Amazon gift cards are not eligible)
- Pay with a consumer American Express card at checkout by July 22, 2020
- Receive a $20 credit via email, which you can redeem for products sold at the “Amazon Moments” store by Aug. 22, 2020
Note that Amazon may remove the promotional credit if you return any of the items purchased as part of this promotion, and the offer can be removed at any time, so you’ll want to make your purchase sooner than later. Additionally, it’s worth checking your Amex account before you check out — some customers are being targeted with an offer to earn 5x Membership Rewards points, which should stack quite nicely with this deal.
Featured photo by Leon Neal/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees