Targeted: Get 1x at Saks Fifth Avenue with Amex Offers, stack with Amex Platinum credit
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
If you’re a holder of The Platinum Card® from American Express, and you haven’t used your $50 biannual Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit (enrollment required), listen up because I have some good news for you. .
Some cardholders are being targeted for a 1x bonus on purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue. Eligibility for this offer is limited. Enrollment is required in the Amex Offers section of your account before redeeming.
Keep in mind that there are several limitations to this offer. You will not be able to use the offer on E-gift cards or at Saks Off 5th. The offer is only valid online at saks.com. Note that this deal ends on December 31, but targeted offers can disappear before the published end date so don’t wait!
If you’re unfamiliar with the Saks credit, here’s what you need to know.
Amex added this benefit to the Amex Platinum in July 2018, and it’s been a popular perk ever since. The credit is available in the form of two $50 statement credits per year. Your first $50 statement credit is available from July 1 – December 31 and your second $50 statement credit is available from January 1 – June 30. You need to enroll your Amex Platinum Card for this benefit to take effect, which you can do through your Amex account online.
While the Saks credit isn’t the greatest Amex Platinum perk, if you find yourself needing to do some last-minute holiday shopping this offer could be a way to maximize savings. Even better, you should be able to stack this offer with the $50 credit, netting savings as well as bonus points. Like most Amex Offers, this appears to be targeted so check across all of your cards to see if you get it.
For more on Amex Offers & the Amex Platinum’s Saks Fifth Avenue statement credit, check out:
- Your Ultimate Guide to Amex Offers
- Your Guide to the Amex Platinum Saks Fifth Avenue Credit
- 10 Things to Buy Your Family at Saks With the Amex Platinum Credit
Featured image courtesy of Robert Alexander/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees