This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel chains often offer limited-time promotions, perhaps incentivizing customers to stay multiple nights, or at a certain brand within the portfolio. Outside of online travel agencies like Rocketmiles, however, it’s less common that we see promos offering bonus points in another company’s program, as with Hyatt’s new offer with American.
Beginning Monday through Jan. 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 American AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel around the world. You’ll need to register here by November 30 and check out by Jan. 31, 2019, in order for the stay to be eligible. Both free and paid nights are included, and you can earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles through this promotion.
We value AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re netting $14 worth of miles per stay here, for a maximum of $140 worth if you stay 10 times during the promo period. Flights under 500 miles in distance start at 7,500 miles each way, or even less during promotion periods if you have an eligible co-branded cards.
You’ll continue to earn points in the World of Hyatt program as well, including via the chain’s fall promo, so there isn’t any reason not to register — I’d even consider signing up for an AAdvantage account if you don’t already have one, since you could always redeem your miles for magazines or a donation if you don’t rack up enough for a free flight.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees