This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel chains often offer limited-time promotions, perhaps incentivizing customers to stay multiple nights, or at a certain brand within the portfolio. Outside of online travel agencies like Rocketmiles, however, it’s less common that we see promos offering bonus points in another company’s program, as with Hyatt’s new offer with American.
Beginning Monday through Jan. 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 American AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel around the world. You’ll need to register here by November 30 and check out by Jan. 31, 2019, in order for the stay to be eligible. Both free and paid nights are included, and you can earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles through this promotion.
We value AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re netting $14 worth of miles per stay here, for a maximum of $140 worth if you stay 10 times during the promo period. Flights under 500 miles in distance start at 7,500 miles each way, or even less during promotion periods if you have an eligible co-branded cards.
You’ll continue to earn points in the World of Hyatt program as well, including via the chain’s fall promo, so there isn’t any reason not to register — I’d even consider signing up for an AAdvantage account if you don’t already have one, since you could always redeem your miles for magazines or a donation if you don’t rack up enough for a free flight.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards