Register Now to Earn AAdvantage Miles on Select Hyatt Stays
Hotel chains often offer limited-time promotions, perhaps incentivizing customers to stay multiple nights, or at a certain brand within the portfolio. Outside of online travel agencies like Rocketmiles, however, it’s less common that we see promos offering bonus points in another company’s program, as with Hyatt’s new offer with American.
Beginning Monday through Jan. 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 American AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel around the world. You’ll need to register here by November 30 and check out by Jan. 31, 2019, in order for the stay to be eligible. Both free and paid nights are included, and you can earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles through this promotion.
We value AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re netting $14 worth of miles per stay here, for a maximum of $140 worth if you stay 10 times during the promo period. Flights under 500 miles in distance start at 7,500 miles each way, or even less during promotion periods if you have an eligible co-branded cards.
You’ll continue to earn points in the World of Hyatt program as well, including via the chain’s fall promo, so there isn’t any reason not to register — I’d even consider signing up for an AAdvantage account if you don’t already have one, since you could always redeem your miles for magazines or a donation if you don’t rack up enough for a free flight.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.