Register Now to Earn AAdvantage Miles on Select Hyatt Stays
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hotel chains often offer limited-time promotions, perhaps incentivizing customers to stay multiple nights, or at a certain brand within the portfolio. Outside of online travel agencies like Rocketmiles, however, it’s less common that we see promos offering bonus points in another company’s program, as with Hyatt’s new offer with American.
Beginning Monday through Jan. 31, 2019, you can earn 1,000 American AAdvantage miles for every qualifying stay at any Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotel around the world. You’ll need to register here by November 30 and check out by Jan. 31, 2019, in order for the stay to be eligible. Both free and paid nights are included, and you can earn a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles through this promotion.
We value AAdvantage miles at 1.4 cents apiece, so you’re netting $14 worth of miles per stay here, for a maximum of $140 worth if you stay 10 times during the promo period. Flights under 500 miles in distance start at 7,500 miles each way, or even less during promotion periods if you have an eligible co-branded cards.
You’ll continue to earn points in the World of Hyatt program as well, including via the chain’s fall promo, so there isn’t any reason not to register — I’d even consider signing up for an AAdvantage account if you don’t already have one, since you could always redeem your miles for magazines or a donation if you don’t rack up enough for a free flight.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.